What is it? Set 534

Page 1 of 2
I need some help with 3116 in this week's set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Larger images:
http://imgur.com/gallery/yHDQp/new
Rob
3115 - Some sort of washer cutter.
3116 - Some sort of post clamp.
3117 - Bicycle wheel axle.
3118 - Wasp trap lid.

Correct

Close
3116 Guess... A set/collection of chucks for a woodworking lathe. The narrow cones all fit a common headstock. Each is for a different shape of workpiece.
On 2/27/2014 5:17 AM, Rob H. wrote:

I agree. All have what looks like a morse taper.
Steve

I think this probably correct.
On 2/27/2014 5:17 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3115    Hole cutter either for wood, or leather, used in a brace. 3116    Hand/bench held collets for doing wood carvings, and painting small round items or finials.
3117     Threaded rod for a handplane tote.. probably Prentice or Clifton, Stanley did not have that nice a rod.
3119    Sets cutting bar on an old reaper
--
Jeff

Rob H. wrote:

3116 Pipe holder/adapters for pipe organ 3118 mouse trap
--
 GW Ross

 I am NOT stubborn. I am merely

Good answer!
On 2/27/2014 5:17 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Posting from the desk top PC in my living room as always.
3115, gasket cutter for bit brace. used by old order Amish to make buggy wheel gaskets. 3116, no clue. 3117, axle from toy car? 3118, early moth trap. This screwed onto a bell jar, the prongs allow ingress, but not as easy egress for the moths. 3119, planting seed dispenser part, from a farm machine. This is the regulator, the dispenser is sold separately. 3120 cow back scratcher adjustment device.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Yes, from a Massey Harris machine
On 2/27/2014 11:32 AM, Rob H. wrote:

I was wildly guessing. You mean I got some thing right today? Zounds!
--
.
Christopher A. Young

3115: Circle cutter for a hand brace. Can cut both inner and outer diameter at once. Possibly used to cut leather washers. 3119: I believe this is from a threshing machine and allows one to adjust the scale tip for particular grain types.
Rob H. wrote:

3120 Appears to be tool for twisting two wires together. Fence repair tool?
--
 GW Ross

 I am NOT stubborn. I am merely

Correct, it's a picket fence wire twister

I'm reaching the conclusion that "a fence tool" is the best possible guess for almost anything!

Yes, seems like there's a never ending supply! I have a fence tool book but have only posted a small fraction of what is listed in it, so I'm sure I'll be posting more of them in the future.
Dr Nick wrote:

Same here. That one looks like it would be strange to use unless it's missing parts. How do you hold it while pushing/pulling the handle?
--
Steve W.

On 2/27/2014 4:17 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Posting from northern USA!
3119 This is the metering bracket from an old seeder that sets the bushels per acre seeded.
I think 3117 is some sort of torque limiting stud. 3118 is the lid from a mason jar mouse trap.
Paul K. Dickman