Tough collection! : )
Bill
Rob H. wrote:

On 1/30/2014 6:30 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Posting from my desk top PC in the living room as always.
3091, hammer for very wide nails. 3092, carpet stretcher 3093, clamp on handle for a pier, over water. Makes it easier for swimmers to climb out. 3094, part of an egg whisk, but missing some parts. 3095, an early crank door bell. The crank is missing. 3096, sampler for bags of merchandise like wheat or grain. Allows the inspector to puncture, and take a few grains for testing.
And, you did it again. I've totally no clue what any of these are.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus

#3091 Veneer hammer #3095 watchman clock station

I know I've seen them somewhere but can't place them.
On Friday, January 31, 2014 10:38:59 AM UTC-6, phorbin wrote:

3096 - Don't know if I've ever seen one, but my guess would be some sort of steam whistle.
Sonny

I've shown 3096 to several tool collectors and they think they might be for some kind of milking setup, but I've done some searching and couldn't find any like them. I think we'll get an answer for these in the near future.
The rest of this set have been correctly identified:
Rob
Rob sed:

You've got a whole bunch of folks who thought the same (or at least me and Steve and you). The very FIRST thought I had was that it was a milking claw, but I could not find one like it, either.
Lloyd
Rob H. wrote:

Darn it! 3093 I knew I saw one somewhere, but couldn't remember where or when. In 1960-61 I worked as a part time mechanic for a small local trucking company. I watched this being used to fix truck tire flats with the torch heated vulcanizing patches on the inside of the tire held with this clamp, even used it once.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

They're not water "throwers" from an irrigation system?
--
It's a money /life balance.

    I'm too late to post my usual guesses, but I see that you did not find one for (3096) as of the time you posted the answers, so I'll suggest that these could be variants on police deployed tire puncturing devices -- strung on a steel cable and stretched across the street. The hollow all the way through would let the air out quickly from the angled puncture projections, and on the bright one, the right angle metal pieces would present the points at an angle to better get a tire. I'm to sure about the bottom (rusted) one, but there may vhabee been something else which went with it to present the points at an angle.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail