What is it? Set 527

[ ... ]

I don't know Mark, and I don't know how he wound up with Newsguy. I know that I used to run my own news server until my (previous) ISP dropped feeding news to private servers not too long before dropping news totally. I switched to a new ISP, and shortly after that, *they* dropped news service too. So I wound up with Newsguy, and have been quite pleased with them.

If you know enough to note the news server, you should know enough to read the headers and tell whether or not I have a "sock puppet" (I don't -- but prove it to yourself, if you care).

DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

[ ... ]

Certainly no such restrictions in Virginia, and I'm sure that there are a number of other states where that is true.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

It is certainly similar enough -- and it *might* be the same one, photographed by a previous owner. It still looks like a shop-made tool, not a purchased one.

O.K. Not identical -- this one goes to 360, not to 100, but likely made by the same hands. And in spite of the auction saying "360 Degrees", it does not measure degrees -- it measures thickness or diameter of small objects like gears and shafts.

But I *did* suggest earlier that it was made by a watchmaker, based on various features of the dial.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Just like people have it in their DNA to avoid people with symptoms of an illness, maybe it triggers a reaction from some when they see people acting in ways that suggest that they may not have the interests of "the herd" in mind. I'm not mentioning any names or other details. It's just a thought.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Now be nice. We could also call for a vote to how many times that "you" are the only responder to your own posts. ;~)

It's his sig line and Mike did not understand it.

Reply to
Leon

The only thing I can think of is that if I replied to them, I must have found what I was reading to be provocative or intriguing? ; )

Reply to
Bill