What is it? Set 526

Page 2 of 3

Correct

I take back my WECO comment. 3068 is a railroad crossing signal relay.
LLoyd
Sponenburgh says...

Yes, text on it says "Type K D.C. Relay, General Railway Signal Company"

3067 is obviously a scissor-style shear for flat material that can be accessed at one free end. The thing won't fit OVER anything! No idea what material, but it's got to be tough stuff for all that compound leverage!
3071 the 'original' AlPax gasket cutter
3072 a fence wire stretcher (for barbed wire; but can be used for smooth wire by bending)

I sent the owner an email asking if there was any text on it but haven't heard back yet.

Could be, I have found a couple of gasket cutters with just one blade, so I can't decide if it's a gasket cutter, hole cutter, or both.

Correct
On 1/2/2014 4:05 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3068, visual demo of an electrical relay 3069, belt carried doodad of some kind? 3070, sharpening stone? 3071, marking device, for scribing a line a certain distance from edge of a board 3072, a very nicely made device, but not sure what purpose.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 1/2/2014 7:37 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

3069 is a dispenser for .22 caliber shells. Load them in and then twist the knob to dispense any number of shells - one at a time - from the bottom slot.
Rob H. wrote:

3070 is a cribbage board minus the pegs . Many have a sliding bottom covering a compartment to store the pegs .
--
Snag

On 1/2/2014 7:52 AM, Snag wrote:

Obviously, you do not play cribbage. Either that or you only have time for a VERY short game<g>

A few days ago I did a search on cribbage boards and found that they all have a lot more holes than 3070. I didn't see any with the same number of holes as the board on my site. I do think that it's a scoreboard for some type of game but can't say exactly which one.
On 1/2/14, 9:33 AM, Rob H. wrote:

I may be a little off base... but how about a board for a maitre d'outhouse to keep reservations straight? ;)
On 1/2/14, 9:33 AM, Rob H. wrote:

intended to be exposed to water. I can't think of a kitchen use. How about outdoors?
The holes look big enough for .22 caliber cartridges, but I don't know why anyone would want to lay out 24.
How about screws? If a mechanic routinely needed to remove 24, he could see at a glance if he had them all out and if he had them all back in. They would stay clean, and a block of wood would be more stable than a tin can. The metal inserts would keep the heads of the screws up where he could grasp them easily.
Perhaps the space in the middle was for a 4" piece he didn't want to forget to put in before he reinstalled the screws!

It's a most peculiar thing. I agree it looks like a cribbage board but not only does it have nothing like enough holes, I've never seen one with such nice metal inlay around each hole.
These, and the pattern of the wood leads me to an obvious question: are any of the holes electrically connected? They do look suspiciously like 4mm "banana plug" sockets.

They do look like sockets but I can't say for sure if they are or not. I took the photos at a tractor show back in the fall, someone was selling it at the flea market. I don't own it so I can't take a closer look. I'm still thinking it's some kind of game board, probably for one that was not well know.
Rob H. wrote:

Everyone whoknows how to play Cribbageknows that each playeruses two pegs to score the game (up to 121). So this board offers a place to restthepegs before anyone has won a game, and tally-up to 10 (games). My "track board" has holes that goes up to 8 (games), but it didn't come to two pegs for that purpose.
It could be used for any other game too, enablinggambling perhaps where thepublicexchange of funds may be frowned upon.
It just occurred to me, a game of Euchre is scored up to 10 points (but the way I heard it, you're supposed to usethe four 5 cards to display the score). I think that's to distract you while you've being cheated! ; ) Ithink I have never seen what I thought was an "honest" gameof Euchre. It may have been played, but I can't sayas my background is too limited.
Bill

I believe what you say about track boards but I couldn't find any on the web.

This could be the answer, the only game score boards with 24 holes that I've found on the web are these Euchre boards:
http://www.acornwoodproducts.com/images/euchre.jpg
They aren't the exact same configuration but this is the closest I've seen so far. Anyone know why they would have four pegs if they are only tracking two scores? Maybe just two extra pegs.
Thanks, Rob
On 1/2/14, 8:31 PM, Rob H. wrote:

of laminating the wood.
Here's a caddy for 1/4" bits. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:33907 The owner bought it because it provides a tight fit. It also looks more stable than most bit caddies.
I hate knocking over a caddy and having the bits fall out. If a 1/4" bit fits snugly in the holes of the mystery item, I wonder if that could be the purpose. The owner of a craft shop found a source of metal fittings that would fit a 1/4" bit snugly, and he made stable laminated caddies for farmers who hated having bits fall out of caddies! Well... maybe...
Rob H. wrote:

http://www.greathallgames.com/acards/cribbage2trkContWE1002.jpg
Here is one of the other sort:: 60 holes for each player--you make 2 "laps" (go around twice):
http://mjdfurniture.com/wp-content/plugins/magic-gallery/uploads/4/DSC00433.JPG

Two pegs are used for each player in normal scoring because SOME PEOPLE (everyone) has a really tough time remembering exactly where the peg WAS, AFTER they have removed it from the board. With two pegs, one merely removes the back peg and advances it the appropriate number of places ahead of the peg that is in front. The peg that was in front now becomes the back peg. This helps to keep the game more civil! I think using two pegs makes sense for keeping track of the number of games won for the sdame reason. Some people take their Cribbage seriously (I had a friend who did)! It's a nice social game.
Bill

[]

But Dominoes is (are?) violent.
--
It's a money /life balance.

Thanks for the link, I had the wrong impression of a what a track board looked like and was searching for something else.

That's makes sense, I guess you can tell that I've never played Cribbage.