What is it? Set 525

Page 1 of 3
This week's set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Larger images:
http://imgur.com/a/y6lsT
Rob

I think 3062 is a temperature gauge that protrudes up from the engine and can be read through the windscreen (windshield) while driving.
3063 is one of these:
http://www.messynessychic.com/2013/11/15/the-forgotten-giant-arrows-that-guide-you-across-america/
Confession - someone somewhere I read posted a link to them a couple of months ago and they've stuck in my mind that long.

you-across-america/

These are both correct.
On 12/26/2013 9:54 AM, Rob H. wrote:

I suspect that temp gauge actually sets on top of the radiator.

I'm sure you're right - I was using "engine" in its widest sense!
3066 Marlinspike/Fid Tool used by sailors to make knots. This one is a combo with a knife. I speak from profound ignorance of things nautical.
On 12/26/2013 4:47 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Nope, it isn't a fid.

3061 - adjustable-angle knife hone 3062 = Olds radiator cap/temperature gauge 3063 - old airmail route markers

Correct

3064 might be one of those "universal" tools that came with some early autos
3065 looks like an auto-retracting ball pen or mechanical pencil. The clip could pivot when it's put into a pocket, causing the retraction.
3066 looks less like a rigger's knife that some sort of deburring tool for cleaning up various-sized holes. I think I see evidence of it having been spun at different places along the brass cone.
Lloyd

I don't know if it came with early cars but universal or combination tool is right.

Mechanical pencil is correct but no one has guessed the second function yet.

Nope
On 12/26/2013 8:01 AM, Rob H. wrote:

It is also a lighter.
Dan

Correct, it's called a Penciliter.

    [ ... ]

    So -- my earlier guess was right, instead of the spring-loaded center punch as a windshield remover which I just posted. :-)
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

    Looks like it has the ability to turn the hub nuts on wagon wheels, like the tool which was purely for that purpose in a recent puzzle.

    I was at first thinking of a spring loaded center punch, but now believe that it was for shattering tempered glass windshields as a rescue tool.

    Absolutely not. Cork borer set sharpener. I've got one somewhere.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

3065 Looks like a Ligher pen... lighter in one end, and pen in the other.
--
Jeff

On 12/26/2013 4:47 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Posting from my desk top PC in the living room as always.
3061, seen one of these but can't remember what it is. I'm going to guess an insturment for James Bond to escape from a building, by sliding down telephone wires.
3062, bar tap for Harley owners who drink lots of beer.
3063, formerly a flagpole holder for a public building. Got left in the desert by mistake.
3064, early Harbor Freight multi function tool, sold in wagon and wire fence country. 40% off with coupon.
3065, cased presentation pen for graduation veterinarians. Who would be the only ones who recognize and understand the shape of the pen.
3066, the only one I recognize. I used to have one of these, it's for shaping the end of tubing.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Generally correct though it's for a very specific purpose.
On 12/26/2013 11:02 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Memory returns. Brass bores, for making holes in corks.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

That's it, for use in laboratories.