What is it? Set 525

This week's set has been posted:

Larger images:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

I think 3062 is a temperature gauge that protrudes up from the engine and can be read through the windscreen (windshield) while driving.

3063 is one of these:

Confession - someone somewhere I read posted a link to them a couple of months ago and they've stuck in my mind that long.

Reply to
Dr Nick
3066 Marlinspike/Fid Tool used by sailors to make knots. This one is a combo with a knife. I speak from profound ignorance of things nautical.

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

Rob H. fired this volley in news:l9gtup01174 @drn.newsguy.com:

3061 - adjustable-angle knife hone 3062 = Olds radiator cap/temperature gauge 3063 - old airmail route markers
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Rob H. fired this volley in news:l9gtup01174 @drn.newsguy.com:

3064 might be one of those "universal" tools that came with some early autos 3065 looks like an auto-retracting ball pen or mechanical pencil. The clip could pivot when it's put into a pocket, causing the retraction. 3066 looks less like a rigger's knife that some sort of deburring tool for cleaning up various-sized holes. I think I see evidence of it having been spun at different places along the brass cone.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Posting from my desk top PC in the living room as always.

3061, seen one of these but can't remember what it is. I'm going to guess an insturment for James Bond to escape from a building, by sliding down telephone wires.

3062, bar tap for Harley owners who drink lots of beer.

3063, formerly a flagpole holder for a public building. Got left in the desert by mistake.

3064, early Harbor Freight multi function tool, sold in wagon and wire fence country. 40% off with coupon.

3065, cased presentation pen for graduation veterinarians. Who would be the only ones who recognize and understand the shape of the pen.

3066, the only one I recognize. I used to have one of these, it's for shaping the end of tubing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

3065 Space pen, pressurized to write in zero gravity.
Reply to
Robert

3063" Ancient GPS marker for the post office fliers from another era.
Reply to
Lee Michaels

3062 Boyce Motometer

Robert

Reply to
Robert

A NASA astronaut was showing one of these million-dollar-to-develop 'space' pens to a Russian cosmonaut on the space station. He explained how they solved the problem of getting ink to flow in low gravity situations. The cosmonaut then stated "In Russia, we use pencil".

-BR

Reply to
Brewster

you-across-america/

These are both correct.

Reply to
Rob H.

Nope, it isn't a fid.

Reply to
Rob H.

Correct

Reply to
Rob H.

I don't know if it came with early cars but universal or combination tool is right.

Mechanical pencil is correct but no one has guessed the second function yet.

Nope

Reply to
Rob H.

Generally correct though it's for a very specific purpose.

Reply to
Rob H.

Nope

Reply to
Rob H.

Reply to
Rob H.

Yes, that's exactly what it says on it.

Reply to
Rob H.

I read some where, that when a US jet pilot ejects, often the air foil over the top of the helmet causes a "lift" and rips the pilot's head off. The Russians drill a bunch of holes in the helmet much like Charlie Brown Haloween ghost costume. No heads ripped off.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Memory returns. Brass bores, for making holes in corks.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon