What is it? Set 522

Naah, he's just added about 10 trillion to his overdraft protection, payable by our kids and grand kids.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

As long as Obama's cronies get their checks, who cares about balanced anything?
Stormin Mormon wrote:

They were supposed to start on a new water system 2 years ago and have it in place now. All new mains, more coverage, extra hydrants and a 60K gal. reserve tank. BUT???????????
http://www.littlefallstimes.com/x512671815/Van-Hornesville-water-system-needs-upgrading
http://vhwaterdistrict.com/files/WaterSystemTimeline-2.pdf
--
Steve W.

Thanks for the offer of taking some photos, but I've seen similar tools on the web and don't think more pictures are necessary at this time. And I found a good page with photos of the tool being used, so I got that going for me...
On 12/5/2013 7:29 AM, Wild_Bill wrote:

> similar to a fire hydrant wrench.

Sure looks similar.... the one pictured appears to have seen some service.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/5/2013 4:14 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Posting from my desk top PC in the living room, as always.
3043, reminds me a bit of a pallet puller. 3044, some kind of plug to cover a hole? 3045, big candle snuffer? whoops, see the second photo. Post hole digger, maybe. 3046, this is a pretty old one. I'm sure of what it is, and will leave it for others to say. Modern ones have a different tip, on the "head" but serve the same function. I personally own a modern version of this. 3047, nice wooden handle. Beyond that, no clue. 3048, no clue.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

3043 Spreader for something 3044 Fencepost cap 3045 Planter
Rob H. wrote:

It is a fire hydrant wrench. I lived in the Bronx in the Summer when I was a kid. There was no AC except in the movie theaters. Somewhere someone would come up with a wrench. Nothing like a spray from a hydrant. Of course the cops or FD would come and turn the hydrant off. With thousands of Hydrants opened illegally, the water pressure would drop, hindering fire fighting.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 12/5/2013 10:15 AM, willshak wrote:

I heard something about sprayer caps, they could use. Some water flow, but not wide open.
I'd think some of the building owners could put a cold only shower head out front, and help the kids keep cool that way. But, that would run up the owner's water bill.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yeah, the FDNY started to use them some time after I moved from NYC in 1951. I believe that instead of shutting off the hydrants, they attached the sprayer caps. I don't know if they still do that since nearly everyone has AC and the PD and FD would rather have less people and kids on the streets.
Apparently they still use the caps. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/20/open-fire-hydrants-in-nyc_n_904482.html Thanks Google.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 12/5/2013 3:14 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3045 Potato planter

You nailed it!
On 12/5/2013 3:14 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3048 "Old" Automotive battery service box, Holds water and the two holes on top are for the syringe/hydrometer to fit into. Side pockets hold battery pliers, post cleaners etc.
On 12/5/2013 12:32 PM, Leon wrote:

A picture
http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mD4xkjvvQZ0bnR9BFk-Ex6w.jpg
On 12/6/2013 8:11 AM, Leon wrote:

And or google for images
VTG WILLARD BATTERIES
On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 01:14:04 -0800, Rob H. wrote:

3044 looks very much like a scaffold foot to me.
No clue about any of the others, though.
--
"I am not made like anyone I have seen; I dare believe I am not made
like anyone in existence. If I am not better, at least I am different."
On 12/6/2013 4:17 PM, Rob H. wrote:

You do realize that's a wet pipe hydrant, which is much different than what's used in colder parts of the country? We (I'm in NY) use dry barrel hydrants.
Love that web page, I'd love to own some fire hose, adapters, and so on.
--
.
Christopher A. Young