What is it? Set 522

Page 1 of 2
I need some help with number 3046 in this week's set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Larger images:
http://imgur.com/a/ylfq0
Rob

3046 tractor linkage?

--
It's a money /life balance.

On 12/5/2013 3:14 AM, Rob H. wrote:

A bit of confidende this time:
3043. a spring compressor, I think for valve springs. 3044. OSHA required safety cap for rebar 3045. For planting seedlings?. 3046. fire plug wrench. 3047. no good idea decorative pie fluter? 3048. carring case for horse shoes and pins?
--

___________________________________

Keep the whole world singing . . .

Correct

Good answer

Yes, but not for seedlings

Consensus says that this is right

Neither of these two
On 12/5/2013 9:50 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Now days, I've heard them called hydrants. But, it's the same concept. Around me (western NY) they have five pointed lug to turn, a very, very few are four pointed. This one does four or five.
The larger hoses have two types of lug to allow the use of a tool to tighten or loosen. This one does pin lugs, though there are rocker lugs.
--
.
Consensus A. Young
On 12/5/2013 4:14 AM, Rob H. wrote:

This first part is correct

But not for picking, it's for the opposite
On 12/5/2013 9:46 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Yes, the patent is titled "Hand Potato Planter"
On 05/12/2013 09:14, Rob H. wrote:

3047 looks like a butter curler (cf. http://www.bonanza.com/items/like/91874309 )

Nope, that's not it
3046 looks as though it's use may be similar to a fire hydrant wrench.
3048 I'm fairly sure it's a container for carrying battery cleaning solution and acid/electrolyte in separate cavities. The pockets at the end are provided for storing the hygrometer, cleaning brushes ect.
--
WB

I think this is right, it's difficult to tell from the photo but I believe it's for five sided nuts.

This answer is correct, on the side it said "battery kit"
On 12/5/2013 9:43 AM, Rob H. wrote:

controlling stems. The notch in the center across from the turning shaft allows for five sided. The two flats allow for four sided. I'll send photos, if you wish.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/5/2013 4:25 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

http://55tools.blogspot.com/

--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yep that's one of the older ones. We have one for the antique hydrants (none of which actually work) in town. That was supposed to change two years ago but the town screwed up and lost the grant.
--
Steve W.

On 12/5/2013 7:04 PM, Steve W. wrote:

work. Detroit has some problems, and many other areas, also. Who'd have thought the formerly great USA would be having fire hydrant failures?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Forty years ago, who would have thought that a city couldn't survive without federal welfare.

Who would have thought that our limited gov't would be so over reaching? Checks and balances don't appear to be functioning, today.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote:

All of Obama's checks bounced.
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.