What is it? Set 515

Page 2 of 2
Den 18-10-2013 03:15, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh skrev:

Sounds fair to me :-)
--
Uffe

"Rob H." wrote in message
I need some help with 3004 and 3005 in this set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Larger images:
http://imgur.com/a/wf5Py
Rob
#001 ties for grape vines. WW

Good answer, as Lloyd also guessed, grape vines is correct.
Tough set this week, no luck on the unidentified items, the answers for the rest have been posted here:
Rob
On 10/18/2013 4:18 PM, Rob H. wrote:

That's a fun bunch. The wood thing with the metal loops, makes me wonder if it allows to clamp onto existing rope. Telephone guys have a tapered thing, they can clamp onto phone wire, and secure it to a pole. Can't find image on the web. I remember it well enough, I can probably draw one.

Rob, You'd have to show me an extreme close-up of that to convince me those are actual vegetable twigs. I have a sense that they're called "twigs" in the vintner's trade, but are really fine two-strand twisted iron wire.
Lloyd

I think you are probably right about them being wire and not really twigs, though the owner used the word twig three times in this description, I'll ask him for clarification.
Sponenburgh says...

Good eye! I heard back from the owner who said in the old days they used real twigs but later switched to wire, as is seen in the photo.
Thanks, Rob
On 10/18/13 4:18 PM, Rob H. wrote:

3005: Time for some imagination!
How about a straightener for arrows or some other wood shafts? Robin Hood wouldn't have won the contest if he hadn't checked and straightened his arrows. Too much force will damage the wood. The wedge on which the spring is mounted could be slid looser to insert the shaft under the iron at the top, then slid tighter for suitable pressure on the spring.

Interesting theory, unfortunately I can't take a close look at either of the items since I don't own them, if I come across either of them again I'll take some measurements to see if this is feasible.