What is it? Set 515

Page 1 of 2
I need some help with 3004 and 3005 in this set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Larger images:
http://imgur.com/a/wf5Py
Rob
On 10/17/2013 4:02 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Posting from my desk top PC in the living room, as always.
3001, not much clue. Can of welding rods? 3002, maybe a string cutter a butcher would carry on one finger? 3003, the top V shaped thing might be a corn crib. The round lower picture is probably a roll for holding "tootsie roll" hay bales. 3004, maybe a horse shoe for a deformed horse? 3005, no clue. 3006, wood chisel?
On 17/10/2013 6:20 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I thought 3002 looked like something that could grip something flat like the edge of some canvas or leather if you wanted to stretch it out for gluing or stitching?
Sail making? Saddlery? Bris....?

Well, I guess I don't really have an answer for this one either, the tool looks like a wire puller but those are usually more heavy duty, so maybe you're correct about it being for canvas or leather.
On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 06:09:26 -0700, Rob H. wrote:

These are actually canvas stretching pliers as used by artists/picture framers/conservators etc. Wide jaws to stop the canvas from tearing.
http://www.goldenpaints.com/justpaint/jp17/15.jpg
--
Nothing to read here. Move on.

#3002 -- resembles the mechanism of a modern hand clamp (3 1/2 seems unusually large though) #3003 -- Mold for making a straw/hay bale? #3005 -- As a clamp in "rope making"? #3006 -- Mortise chisel?
Bill

It's difficult to tell from the photo but those are twigs in the cylinder.

This is partially correct, it _is_ a chisel but it's for a specific use.

It's called a mortise chisel. The extra thickness and straight sides keep it straight when chiseling out deep square pockets.
Paul K. Dickman
\

Mortise chisel is correct

Also known as a 'pig sticker'.
3001: Industrial fuse? 3002: cigar cutter? 3003: Hay bins / animal feeders 3004: Horseshoe hole pattern? 3005: presses, but for what? 3006: gouge, wood working?
On 10/17/2013 4:02 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Correct

The owner said that one of the words on it appears to say Fergus

3002 looks similar to "jam cleat" I've seen on sailboats. 3003 is a pair of hay feeders. The second one is foe round bales, and is on its side. 3005 some kind of press? 3006 mortising chisel

3006 - "Pig Sticker" mortising chisel ...
Rob H. wrote:

3003 - Amish Amusement Park rides.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

3001 looks like a holder for tip cleaners for a guy who's using a big torch with the same-sized tip all day long (like a high iron weldor).
3002 a lanyard safety release of some kind
3003 cattle feeders... all over this area.
3004 I believe that's a hold-fast for roofing safety harnesses. To be nailed to a surface or beam through all the small holes, typically on the opposite side of the roof, with the 'tang' (larger holes) sticking out above the ridge.
Lloyd
Den 17-10-2013 10:02, Rob H. skrev:

3001: Ties for tieing rebar together?
--
Uffe

yup... could be! Lloyd
Uffe_Brentsen?= says...

They aren't for rebar, they are for use with something not man made

Vine ties? Maybe for grapevines or tomato plants?
Lloyd