What is it? Set 506

Page 1 of 2
I need some help with the fifth one this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Rob
Rob H. wrote:

2947 - barrel tap/spigot 2948 - pencil sharpener 2949 - (non-ferrous) pipe cutter
Bill

2947 - A tap for a wine barrel 2949 - Pipe thread cleaner 2950 - Big ass bullet 2951 - Tubing bender

2949 looks more like a line tap for hooking onto a high tension line . 2948 is for seating valves in an IC engine . 2951 might befor tubing , though it's pretty small , I think more like wire maybe . -- 2950 might be a bullet , but not likely if it's made of steel/iron as it appears . Maybe a form for crucibles ? Snag

I'll second this - electrical line clamp / grounding clamp. A live-line switch-stick tool connects to the loop - - to tighten / loosen the jaws over the line conductor or stirrup - - the grounding / connecting lead wire is attached via the hex nut. John T.
--- ---
On 8/15/2013 6:18 AM, Larry wrote:

2951 -- _VERY_ small tubing if so; I think it's intended for wire instead...

You're on the right track here

Yes

I think this is most likely right

4948 - Tool used to seat a valve in an engine using a grinding compound.
"Rob H." <

2952 Fire Dept. entry tool.

The web site for this tool says it's for military and law enforcement but I would agree it could be for fire departments also.

Well, maybe it's not useful for firemen, I just thought it could be used to smash or pry open stuck doors and windows, looks like a general purpose rescue tool.

Oh it's a very useful tool for firefighting! It's called a Halligan Bar...

Just took a closer look at the web site, they say it was "designed by the Swedish Hostage Rescue Team to improve and increase the breaching and entry options used by law enforcement and military agencies." So it looks like you are correct about it not being for firemen. It's available here:
http://www.opticsplanet.com/5-11-tactical-c6-hammer-pry-entry-tool.html

Here's another link to this tool:
http://kk.org/cooltools/archives/3594
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt7RPVoTd1E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt7RPVoTd1E

Firemen definately use this bar! BTW, got lots of hits for 'halligan bar' .... ;>)}
"Mike Marlow" <

That's ok, Mike, you're off the hook. Carry on man! ;>)}

2951 Tubing Bender

I think this is correct but haven't found proof yet

Could be...

Correct

relieving gas from a barrel? Or installing a tap?
Yes, I flipped it, didn't think about the fact it would change the threads in the image.

As mentioned previously, these are probably right

Correct

    Posting from Rec.crafts.metalworking as always (for all you seeing this in other newsgroups).
2947)    Looks like a tap for an old wooden beer keg.
    Is the photo reversed, or is that a left-handed thread on     it?
2948)    The shape and the behavior suggest that it is a tool for     lapping automotive engine valves into the head. You put     some valve grinding compound under the lip of the valve, with a     light spring under it, crank for a while, pull back to let the     compound run back in, and repeat until you get a full seal     surface.
    I think that you had another of these some time back.
2949)    The eye looks a bit thin for hanging it by, so I think that     it is to clamp the moving part onto a rod going through the 'V'.
    The cross bolt is to attach it to some larger structure.
    But exactly what is being built with the clamped rods I don't     know.
2950)    Looks like the projectile part of a round for perhaps a     howitzer. If that 4-1/2" is precise, that would make it just     below 115mm -- but I think that 110 mm is a more standard size     for such, which would be about 4.330", or 4-21/64".
    The hollow base would likely be stuffed with an explosive     charge and some delay fuse.
2951)    This tool is for bending either tubing, or wire of a given     diameter, and to form either of two different radiuses.
    I think the groove in the larger one is a bit wider, appropriate     for a larger diameter tubing. Not always used for a full 180     degree bend, but that would be the maximum, and probably a 90     degree bend would be more common.
    Since it appears to be bronze, not steel, it is probably for     use around flamable gasses -- Hydrogen, or others.
2962)    This looks like a tool for deconstructing (destroying) wood frame     buildings, or partially so -- such as removing interior walls     during remodeling.
    Perhaps a tool for use by firefighters, as you have frequent     things related to that field.
    Now to post this and then see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

Good eye, you're right about it being reversed, I'll have to stop doing that with threaded items.

Valve lapping tool is correct.

I really can't say how accurate the measurement is, someone sent me the photos and dimensions.

The owner said it was made of brass, and the seller thought it was a spring winder, though I would bet on tube bender.