What is it? Set 503

Page 2 of 2

You're correct about it being on an old military base, it's actually a park now, this is on the same land as the Voice of America switch matrix from last week. If you look at the last photo of the matrix you can see some of the boxes on the right.
I don't think anyone identified the fourth item, but the rest of this set were all properly answered:
Rob
j Burns wrote:

Thought I've never seen any up close, they reminded me of the boxes that might be used in throwing birds in skeet shooting. Maybe the tall pole is a wind vane?
Bill

2929)    Perhaps a flax card -- or something similar for other     natural fibers?
    Rather painful as a back scratcher. :-)
2330)    Looks like something to clamp a picture frame of the like     while gluing.
2331)    Strange. If the front were more beat up, I would think that     it might be some kind of firearms skills targets.
    But there really does not seem to be too much obvious to     me that they could be used for -- unless they are used to store     something during some kind of event and empty the rest of the     time.
2332)    A forghorn -- either on a watercraft or on a lighthouse.
2333)    A dispenser for some component of ammunition for a     muzzle-loading firearm. Not sure whether it is powder (a bit     small for that I think), or patches, or balls (projectiles).
    Given how small it is, it may be the finer powder for the pan of     a flintlock rifle.
    Or -- it could be caps.
    It appears to be missing some nose piece which controls the     distribution of whatever it is.
    But Colt was (and is) a major firearms manufacturer.
2334)    Looks like temporary traction over mud. Either laid down     as a pair of tracks, or something formed in loops over the front     and rear tires to work like the tracks on a tank.
    Now to post and then see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: < snipped-for-privacy@d-and-d.com> (KV4PH) | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564