What is it? Set 501

This week's set has been posted:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

2922 bipod rest for a rifle

2920 is a security locking device for a bicyle or a motor cycle

2918 is a tube swager for swaging a circular groove onto the end of a tube , possibly copper tube
Reply to
Bluey69
2917, dart launcher for throwing rope to another ship. 2918, corkscrew for AA members. (that, or sheet metal edger.) 2919. Coat rack for munchkins. (That, or twin winding reel.) 2920, bolt cutter resistant padlock. 2921. Bakers cookie cutter. Of course, the baker was tripping on LSD when he made this.

Rob

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Also, the center piece kinna resembles the seating piece for pressing some grommets together.

2919 is similar to a device for winding large thread, yarn, or other similar sewing twine, possibly wire for that particular apparatus. 2921 looks like some kind of mortisor; Prongs for alignment and chisel for the edge/square cut. Otherwise, maybe use for specific coring of some ridgid product/item.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Correct

You're right about it being a security lock, though the patent specifies that it's for something other than a bicycle or motorcycle.

You are on the right track here but it has a slightly different purpose.

Reply to
Rob H.

Correct that it's for use on sheet metal.

Yes, it's a reel, the selling point for it was that it has anti-backlash properties.

Btw, I was out of town for a couple of days and came back to find the puns in the last thread, good job by you and the others of keeping the thread interesting, I was going to add one but didn't have any decent ideas off the top of my head.

Reply to
Rob H.

2918 It it was a little larger I would suggest a device to put a lid on a tin can.
Reply to
G. Ross

2917: Proctological examination instrument?

2918: If you filled a tube about 1.5" in diameter and put a disk on the contents, it looks as if this tool could bend the end of the tube over the disk to hold it in.

Reply to
j Burns

Shotgun shell crimper, maybe. ____________________________________________________________________ Gardner Buchanan gbuchana(a)teksavvy(dot)com FreeBSD: Where you want to go. Today.

Reply to
Gardner

Posting from my desk top PC as always.

Correct that it's for use on sheet metal.

Yes, it's a reel, the selling point for it was that it has anti-backlash properties.

Btw, I was out of town for a couple of days and came back to find the puns in the last thread, good job by you and the others of keeping the thread interesting, I was going to add one but didn't have any decent ideas off the top of my head.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It must have been for small cans because that's exactly what it is.

Reply to
Rob H.

Correct, that's what the metal tag on it says it's for.

The answers for this week's set have been posted:

Have a great weekend everyone!