What is it? Set 501

This week's set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Rob
On 11/07/2013 5:35 PM, Rob H. wrote:

2922 bipod rest for a rifle
2920 is a security locking device for a bicyle or a motor cycle
2918 is a tube swager for swaging a circular groove onto the end of a tube , possibly copper tube
On Thursday, July 11, 2013 3:18:44 AM UTC-5, Bluey69 wrote:

Also, the center piece kinna resembles the seating piece for pressing some grommets together.
2919 is similar to a device for winding large thread, yarn, or other similar sewing twine, possibly wire for that particular apparatus.
2921 looks like some kind of mortisor; Prongs for alignment and chisel for the edge/square cut. Otherwise, maybe use for specific coring of some ridgid product/item.
Sonny

Correct

You're right about it being a security lock, though the patent specifies that it's for something other than a bicycle or motorcycle.

You are on the right track here but it has a slightly different purpose.
2917, dart launcher for throwing rope to another ship. 2918, corkscrew for AA members. (that, or sheet metal edger.) 2919. Coat rack for munchkins. (That, or twin winding reel.) 2920, bolt cutter resistant padlock. 2921. Bakers cookie cutter. Of course, the baker was tripping on LSD when he made this. 2922, early Transformers doll. Sold to young boys, the world over. (That, or machine gun bipod.) . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
This week's set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Rob

Correct that it's for use on sheet metal.

Yes, it's a reel, the selling point for it was that it has anti-backlash properties.
Btw, I was out of town for a couple of days and came back to find the puns in the last thread, good job by you and the others of keeping the thread interesting, I was going to add one but didn't have any decent ideas off the top of my head.
Posting from my desk top PC as always.
Glad to get some thing right, now and again. As to the puns, well, I can't be serious all day long. Gets boring, in a hurry. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .

Correct that it's for use on sheet metal.

Yes, it's a reel, the selling point for it was that it has anti-backlash properties.
Btw, I was out of town for a couple of days and came back to find the puns in the last thread, good job by you and the others of keeping the thread interesting, I was going to add one but didn't have any decent ideas off the top of my head.
Rob H. wrote:

2918 It it was a little larger I would suggest a device to put a lid on a tin can.
--
 GW Ross

 Any bad habit is easier to maintain

It must have been for small cans because that's exactly what it is.
On 7/11/13 4:05 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2917: Proctological examination instrument?
2918: If you filled a tube about 1.5" in diameter and put a disk on the contents, it looks as if this tool could bend the end of the tube over the disk to hold it in.
On 11-Jul-2013 23:18, j Burns wrote:

Shotgun shell crimper, maybe. ____________________________________________________________________ Gardner Buchanan gbuchana(a)teksavvy(dot)com FreeBSD: Where you want to go. Today.

Correct, that's what the metal tag on it says it's for.
The answers for this week's set have been posted:
Have a great weekend everyone!
Rob
Thanks, that's a lot of fun. It was a good mental challenge. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .