What is it? Set 486

This week's set has been posted, along with an update from last week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Rob
re 2824, so what you are saying is sometimes a broken rake is just a broken rake!

On Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:54:14 AM UTC-6, mungedaddress wrote:

Nah, Rob just throws in a trick question/trick item, now and then, to keep us on our toes, to see if we're paying attention.
Sonny
On Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:54:14 AM UTC-4, mungedaddress wrote:

Someone had donated it to a museum in Canada and they sent me the photos of it along with the pipe reamer from last week, I should have asked them about the broken tines last week.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

2829 Russian hunting knife.
--
 GW Ross

 Whenever they put on the straight

This one was marked as being a different type of knife.
On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 01:13:48 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

2829: abalone knife
Could possibly be a 'Moqui ball', also known as Shaman Stones. If it is its about 135 million years old and has a sandstone centre and an iron oxide shell. They are used in healing and meditation. KEEP AWAY FROM WATER as they dissolve.
--
Zav
On Friday, March 29, 2013 4:15:37 PM UTC-4, Alan Squires wrote:

I like this idea though the owner said that a magnet would not stick to it, but I will pass this along to him nonetheless.
My answers for this week have been posted:
Rob
I have a pair of these and magnets don't stick to them either. FWIW the picture looks like a 'male' Moqui and should be used with a 'female' Moqui.
Zav
--
Alan
Retired
On Friday, March 29, 2013 4:55:14 PM UTC-4, Alan Squires wrote:

I'm leaning towards this being the correct answer but I don't know if there is a way we can be one hundred percent sure about it.
Is it possible that 2831 is an undersea manganese nodule? That would appear as a dark, nonmagnetic, "metal".
On Saturday, March 30, 2013 1:31:12 AM UTC-4, lektric dan wrote:

I don't know but will tell the owner this theory. Thanks