What is it? Set 482

This week's set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Rob
On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 01:00:52 -0800, rhvp65 wrote:

2804 launcher for clay birds, used in skeet shooting
2808 lockout device, for locking out electrical switch gear.
basilisk
On Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:12:49 AM UTC-5, basilisk wrote:

These are both correct.

2808 - Proportional outside calipers with fixed ratios ....

Har! :)
On Thursday, February 28, 2013 3:00:52 AM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

2807 - Guessing, an ice scraper. For scraping the surface of ice prior to cutting into blocks, for sale or use, i.e., refrigeration, long ago?

#2806 reminds me of an old hand planter; here it looks like you press down on the handle while inserting into the ground and the flaps open to release seed.

#2806 reminds me of an old hand planter; here it looks like you press down on the handle while inserting into the ground and the flaps open to release seed.
Good answer! It said corn planter on the side of it.
On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 01:00:52 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

2808: Lock out / tag out device. Multiple locks can be used to make sure a machine or circuit isn't energized when it shouldn't hadda' outa' be.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote the following on 2/28/2013 4:00 AM (ET):

2803 old wood worker clamps. http://www.heywoodhouseofantiques.com/tools.htm
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I'm sure this is correct but I don't know if there was a particular purpose for having two of them connected.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote the following on 2/28/2013 11:39 AM (ET):

They don't look like they are connected, rather just 2 clamps positioned together.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 2/28/2013 11:06 AM, willshak wrote:

As indicated, connected by two screws. If you look inside the clamp laying on the table you will see a screw/hole that on the top side that connects to the one standing up right.
For what is worth I use clamps in this orientation to stand a board or panel 90 degrees to the work surface.
Leon wrote the following on 2/28/2013 1:23 PM (ET):

I don't see either clamp screw connecting to the other clamp. The screw on the clamp laying down passes outside of the standing clamp as is better seen in the second large image. http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/harnett65/media/Album%2015/pic2803b.jpg.html I do see a hole on the inside of the clamp laying down, but is much smaller than the screw. These may be handmade and were built with whatever wood was available. Perhaps Rob can contact the person who contribute the images.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 2/28/2013 8:06 PM, willshak wrote:

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/harnett65/media/Album%2015/pic2803b.jpg.html

I am not talking about the adjustment screw, I am talking about the dark spots between the adjustment screw and the clamp pivot.
A better view showing both attachment screws here
http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/harnett65/media/Album%2015/pic2803c.jpg.html

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/harnett65/media/Album%2015/pic2803c.jpg.html
You don't mess around Leon, good job on finding that photo. I just posted it with my answers which can be seen here: