What is it? Set 479

A new set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

2786 is an asbestos siding cutter with a built in nibbler and hole punch.
--
GW Ross

Every vision has an equal and

Correct, although the patent calls it a shingle cutter, I would guess it was used on asbestos siding also.

My dad taught me use one of these when I was a teen, 55 years ago.
Still have the thing in my shop. Every time some body comes by they ask about it.

That's definitely one of the good things about collecting unusual tools, they are great conversation pieces.
Five of the six have been answered correctly this week, still not sure about the lid:
On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 01:06:35 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

2785 Shortwave antenna array
2786 asbestos siding shear
2789 spring compressor
2790 Used to shape and dress the grinding wheels on large band saw grinders. Bandsaw teeth are first swaged spread the tip of the tooth then a shaper swage is used to close the kerf to exact dimensions, finally saw is machine ground to clean up gullet and sharpen tip of teeth.
You had posted pictures of swagers and shapers a few weeks ago.
basilisk
On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 12:42:49 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

here's a link to a more modern version:
http://www.hanchett.com/miscel.html
basilisk

Thanks! I'll post that link with my answer.

#2789 For compressing springs for valve springs for an automobile engine.
Bill
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

2787 is a safety device carried by ice fishermen -- the name of it escapes me right now. The two pieces are attached by a cord which passes over the fisherman's shoulders *inside* his coat, so that one dangles from the end of each sleeve. If he falls through the ice, he can grip the ice with the spikes and at least hold his head above water, and hopefully haul himself back up onto the ice.
2785: I wish I know. I see these nets covering plants in Wisconsin, often. 2786: Combo tool. Hole puncher and shaper, Aluminum? 2787: Bayonets? 2788: ?? 2789: Bearing pusher on' er / remover. 2790: ??

days and conserves water so that the fire plugs down the line will work.
--
Jeff