What is it? Set 477

Page 3 of 4
On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 04:36:25 -0500, Rob H. wrote:

2776 An ornate steam whistle
basilisk

2776 - Perhaps a Gas Sconce

2773 - Armor ... glove and shield for left arm.
2774 - Rifle case (?)
2775 - Wrench for water main valve
2777 - Cap for a tube or pipe
Rob H. wrote:

2773 - What you get when an overzealous armorer decides your plate armor just isn't heavy enough.... (it's a lantern shield, with a retractable sword blade)
2774 - Travel case. Possibly for lights?
2775 - Water valve shut off tool.
2776 -
2777 -
2778 - Sold as a water pump/starter wrench originally.
--
Steve W.

2776 Iconographically it is a "fasces", an ancient roman symbol that became the symbol of the Mussoloni's Fascist party.
I don't know why it was filled with sand, but it is more than likely that it was finial off of some flag pole and brought back as a souvenir from WWII.
Paul K. Dickman
2773, medeival battle shield. 2774, trombone case. 2775 "curb key" shut off valve for utility workers. 2776, totally no clue. 2777, totally no clue. 2778, looks a little like the distributor wrench I used in the 1980s. Similar, but not exactly. I may still have the old wrench, if you want me to check and send pictures. I needed it for my 1974 Dodge Dart, with a 318 cid engine. Have you called auto parts store? Thorsen might be the brand I've got.
This week's set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
2777 Magnetic stirrer. WW
"Rob H." wrote in message
This week's set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
2773 2774 Golf club mailer / airplane shipper?? 2775 Water shut off / turn on wrench. 2776 2777 Part of a coffee grinder?? 2778 All I can find is this: THORSEN TOOL Co. Est. in 1926, THORSEN specializes in the following brands.....
On 1/24/2013 4:36 AM, Rob H. wrote:

On 1/24/13 4:36 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2778: I _thought_ it looked awfully familiar... Now I remember. It was used for marking thin sheets manufactured from wood pulp. I used to own one!
Still looks like a distributor wrench, to me.
On 1/24/13 4:36 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2778: I _thought_ it looked awfully familiar... Now I remember. It was used for marking thin sheets manufactured from wood pulp. I used to own one!
On 1/25/13 4:31 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I thought it might be a distributor wrench, but when I enlarged it I noticed the pocket clip, just like mine!
Oh, man, weisenheimers. Yuk, yuk, yuk.

I thought it might be a distributor wrench, but when I enlarged it I noticed the pocket clip, just like mine!
Ford distributor wrench. The 250's & 289's in the 70's have 5/8 clamp bolts. I have one like it.
Jerry http://community.webtv.net/Jerryohio-2/PROJECTS2013
On 24/01/2013 7:06 PM, Rob H. wrote:

2779 is a grid to stop animals walking along the rail line and getting past the fence line . Here is Australia they are commonly called cattle grids.They are used on roads as well as rail lines.
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:28:11 AM UTC-6, Bluey69 wrote:

2780 - A frog gig.
2783 - Guessing - A brass chain link, for something as a decorative light fixture chain.
Sonny
On 1/31/2013 4:28 AM, Bluey69 wrote:

After staring at the picture for about 10 minutes, it became obvious to me (that it was part of the fence!)
Bill
Sorry Bluey for the email message I accidentally directed your way.
2779, one time when I was privileged to drive through Nebraska, I got to see cattle guards, but I don't think I took any pictures. This is close:
http://ontwolanes.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/cattle_guard.jpg
Wonder if the frame on the tracks does similar function? 2780, something similar was posted, years ago. IIRC, this is an eel fisherman's tool, it clamps onto an eel swimming below the surface of the wayer. It's spring loaded, and looks a bit nasty. 2781, no clue. 2782, some kind of saw. Beyond that, no clue. 2783, probably some kind of rope rigging device. Ask a sailor. 2784. Hope you find out. I'm not much help this week.

On 1/31/2013 7:13 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

LOL Cattle guards are very common in Texas. Mostly used in place of a gate when there may be a number of vehicles that often need to cross a fenced line. Not uncommon at all to see one cross a county road.
On 1/31/2013 8:58 AM, Leon wrote:

http://www.google.com/search?q ttle+guard&hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=pIYKUdHqCoysqQGC24GgBA&ved AoQ_AUoAA&biw33&bihg9
So, maybe that's the assembly at the rail road tracks?