What is it? Set 469

Page 1 of 2
Today's set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
Rob H. wrote:

2726 is a rivet spacer.
You expand it over the surface to be covered to mark the spaces evenly before drilling for rivets.
Rich

Rivet spacer is correct.

There is such a tool? Thats cool! Got to get one!!!
Gunner
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie

    There is.
    Here is at least one place which I knew where to find:
<https://www.aircraft-spruce.com/catalog/topages/rivspacer.php
    They have an interesting collection of tools for sale.
Actually -- not that expensive compared to some things.
    But also -- does Rob's source actually *want* that tool, now that he knows what it is? Maybe he is willing to sell it to you for somewhat less than the new price. (But also, he may indeed want to keep it, but you can at least check.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
| Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Rob, Regarding 2725, I couldn't get a TIFF viewer to work, so can't look at the patents, but here are some John E. Hand & Sons Co. patents, from: http://dla.library.upenn.edu/dla/pacscl/ead.html?q=hand&id=PACSCL_ISM_ISM200238 &
Kerry
c. Patent records, 1911-1952. Box Folder Transfer of Patent # 649771, 1911. 2 11 Patent # 1282075, instrument for taking soundings, 1918. 2 12 Patent # 1614240, nautical instruments, 1927. 2 13 Patent, interference # 63349, "Titterington v. Hand", 1933, undated. 2 14 Patent # 1973808, magnetic compass corrective device, 1934. 2 15 Patent # 1990939, systems for compensating a navigational compass, 1935. 2 16 Patent # 1990940, compensation devices for compasses, 1935. 2 17 Patent # 2069065, compasses, 1937. 2 18 Patent # 2613468, fishing reel, 1949-1952. 2 19 Application, 1914-1915. 2 20 Application, illuminating device, 1945-1946. 2 21 Miscellaneous. Unidentified drawings, correspondence and other records, 1945, undated. 2 22 Patents - NOT HAND, 1888, 1914, 1926. 2 23

http://dla.library.upenn.edu/dla/pacscl/ead.html?q=hand&id=PACSCL_ISM_ISM200238 &
Thanks! The patent at the link below looks like the best match, I added it to my answer for this device.
http://www.google.com/patents/US1282075

I usually take my own photos or use ones that people send in, but in this case I liked the rivet spacer and just copied the photo from Amazon since I didn't know if I would ever see one in person.
Gunner wrote:

Not expensive, either:
<http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/rivspacer.php?clickkey 347>
Rich

Thanks Rich!!
Bookmarked!!
Gunner
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie

2727 is an EX2000.
2725, burner nozzle for a furnace 2726, baby gate for George W. Bush's family 2727, a well made whatever it is. Some kind of wire smasher and puller, for factory assembly? 2728, just guessing a device for separating tubeless tires, while patching? 2729, too dark to see very much. Toy band leader's baton? 2730, lockable base for a gumball machine?
Today's set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

2725 - Possibly a medical or veterinary device
2727 - Pliers for a termite control system (buried bait to eliminate colonies - as seen on an episode of This Old House)
2728 - Device to hold a roast (or fowl) while carving
2730 - Display stand (?)
Joel

I think this is probably correct but I haven't been able to find another one like it.

Good job, based on the links that were posted by several others it looks like you nailed it.

2727 Used for pest elimination http://pct.texterity.com/pct/200503?pgX#pg58
Robert

The tool used to maintain this: http://www.essentialpest.com/sentricon-page/
2730" Rotary gun rack.

Correct, it's a rack for rifles and pistols but I don't know if it's rotary.
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 08:34:11 -0800 (PST), walkerk
That is very very cool!! Never saw one before!!