What is it? Set 460

A new set has been posted, I'm not going to be able to post the answers until Sunday.
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
"Rob H." wrote:

================================2671:
Pool Cue Lock.
Used to lock a cue in a wall rack.
Shades of my misspent youth.
Lew
2675 I don't recognize this specific unit, but this looks like a Diesel engine fuel injector [einspritzer].
On 9/26/2012 3:20 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2673 golf "shag bag" for picking up balls 2674 Fuzee holder?? 2675 Diesel injector? 2676 box opener?
LLoyd
2671, umbrella holder, lockable. 2672, tubing bender. 2673, carryon luggage for when water department guys want a working vacation. 2674, launch device for fireworks. The clamp holds the asbestos sheet, the rod with the triangle gets pushed into the ground. 2675, never seen one of these. I'd guess a fuel sprayer for a diesel truck. 2676 for opening boxes at the store, but not allowing employees to have knives that could be used to assassinate the boss
A new set has been posted, I'm not going to be able to post the answers until Sunday.
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

    A little earlier than usual, FWIW.
2671)    At a guess, this is for locking up your horse for a short time     by looping his reins through the 'U' and closing the lock.
    It might have been at a saloon or some similar place, where     there were a line of these, and either the key was left in it     when not in use, or you had to go in to ask for the key.
2672)    Looks like a tool for bending a hook or an elbow into either     heavy wire or metal tubing. (At a guess, about 1/4 to 3/8" OD.
2673)    Looks like a tool for picking up and bagging golf balls, likely     at a driving range. (Though I suspect that they have motorized     vehicles for the purpose on a larger scale.)
    In any case, the hooks on the bottom are formed to let things go     through one way only, so the balls would advance up the tube and     gather in the bag until it is unzipped and emptied back into a     basket or the like.
2674)    For holding a warning flag of some sort or the other. It can     either be clamped to a tabletop or similar surface, or be     stabbed ito the ground.
    Looks to have a release to allow the flag to lie down, or to be     held up at the angle visible. I don't see any springs for     pop-up operation, however.
2675)    An interesting spark plug. I see eight electrodes around the     outside and six at angles on the central part, which looks like     it rotates in use -- perhaps to mimize carbon buildup?     Certainly there must be a patent somewhere for that design. :-)
    Was this at the same place as the container of insulators?
2676)    Tool for cutting off something fairly thin level with a surface     at right angles. Perhaps for wallpaper at the junction with the     floor? Or perhaps wood veneer?
    Now to post this, and then see what suggestions are already posted.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

Yes, it was the same place, they had thousands of spark plugs on display, this was one of the most interesting.
All except the second have been answered correctly this week, I'm still trying to find a good reference for it and will post an update here when I get one. The answers for this set have been posted:
Rob
"Rob H." wrote:

The wrench is used on the head saw for circular sawmills. I Couldn't find a picture of the wrench but these links show the type of inserted teeth that it is used on:
http://www.simonds.cc/mnu/cirMenu.php?menu=mnuCirHeadrig http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/misc/circsaw.pdf
Simonds also advertises a new style wrench that with the claim: "for quick and easy bit and shank replacement - no need to fumble with the "U" shaped pin."
http://www.simondsinternational.com/productpages/bitspeedwrench.php?menu=mnuCirHeadrig

http://www.simondsinternational.com/productpages/bitspeedwrench.php?menu=mnuCirHeadrig
Thanks for the links, I didn't think to call it a wrench, I did a search on "Disston saw wrench" and found a patent for a similar tool, it can be found at this address:
http://www.google.com/patents/US412024
I added the Simonds wrench to my answer to show a modern version of the tool. Thanks again.

On Sunday, September 30, 2012 12:39:59 PM UTC-5, Rob H. wrote:

Sonny
And another on page 8: http://www.piperssawshop.com/0910catalog-lowres.pdf
I did a search for "saw wrench b/f style" and seems lots of links are available for the older(?) type wrench.
*I am just now seeing a box to be unchecked, so that emails don't go to someone when replying here. I hadn't noticed this before. Sorry if I sent unwanted emails. I'll try to remember this box in the future.
Sonny

Thanks for the follow up on the saw wrench. I've never received an email from you so I don't think there was a problem.
Rob

    Hmm ... you seem to have updated the web site, because you are showing what the tool does.
    Based on the size of the tool, and the drawing, this was a very large sawblade -- from a sawmill, almost certainly. Since the handle of the tool is longer than the diameter of any circular sawblade which I have ever used -- it is not for a home hobby worker. :-)
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
"Rob H." wrote in message
A new set has been posted, I'm not going to be able to post the answers until Sunday.
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
2625 some type of a motor spark plug?
2671: shackle? 2672: don't know 2673: golf bag retriever 2674: flag holder 2675: some one else thought it was a spark plug, I can see that. 2676: letter opener?
On 9/26/2012 3:20 AM, Rob H. wrote:

that should be golf ball bag retriever, I believe.
On 9/27/2012 6:29 AM, Kenefick wrote:

I'm sure someone else has already posted these answers...
2672 - Tubing bender 2673 - Don't know the name but it's used to pickup golf balls 2675 - Some kind of speciality spark plug
Larry
I guess if you shoved the tube onto a golf ball, it would go up the tube and into the zip pouch. Could be......
Easier than trying to pick them up by telling them they have cute dimples. I helped with parking, at a golf club one time. For a public festival. Picked up a heck of a lot of stray golf balls, over the couple of days. I can't remember what I did with them. Turned them in to the club people, I guess.

I'm sure someone else has already posted these answers...
2672 - Tubing bender 2673 - Don't know the name but it's used to pickup golf balls 2675 - Some kind of speciality spark plug
Larry

Yup. I've used them to pick up balls at charity "hole in one" contests.
--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because its the one thing I can think of that probably doesnt.