What is it? Set 460

A new set has been posted, I'm not going to be able to post the answers until Sunday.

Rob H.

Used to lock a cue in a wall rack.

Shades of my misspent youth.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

"Rob H." fired this volley in news:k3uabc01861 @news4.newsguy.com:

2673 golf "shag bag" for picking up balls 2674 Fuzee holder?? 2675 Diesel injector? 2676 box opener?

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
2671, umbrella holder, lockable. 2672, tubing bender. 2673, carryon luggage for when water department guys want a working vacation. 2674, launch device for fireworks. The clamp holds the asbestos sheet, the rod with the triangle gets pushed into the ground. 2675, never seen one of these. I'd guess a fuel sprayer for a diesel truck. 2676 for opening boxes at the store, but not allowing employees to have knives that could be used to assassinate the boss

.

Stormin Mormon

A little earlier than usual, FWIW.

2671) At a guess, this is for locking up your horse for a short time by looping his reins through the 'U' and closing the lock.

It might have been at a saloon or some similar place, where there were a line of these, and either the key was left in it when not in use, or you had to go in to ask for the key.

2672) Looks like a tool for bending a hook or an elbow into either heavy wire or metal tubing. (At a guess, about 1/4 to 3/8" OD. 2673) Looks like a tool for picking up and bagging golf balls, likely at a driving range. (Though I suspect that they have motorized vehicles for the purpose on a larger scale.)

In any case, the hooks on the bottom are formed to let things go through one way only, so the balls would advance up the tube and gather in the bag until it is unzipped and emptied back into a basket or the like.

2674) For holding a warning flag of some sort or the other. It can either be clamped to a tabletop or similar surface, or be stabbed ito the ground.

Looks to have a release to allow the flag to lie down, or to be held up at the angle visible. I don't see any springs for pop-up operation, however.

2675) An interesting spark plug. I see eight electrodes around the outside and six at angles on the central part, which looks like it rotates in use -- perhaps to mimize carbon buildup? Certainly there must be a patent somewhere for that design. :-)

Was this at the same place as the container of insulators?

2676) Tool for cutting off something fairly thin level with a surface at right angles. Perhaps for wallpaper at the junction with the floor? Or perhaps wood veneer?

Now to post this, and then see what suggestions are already posted.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

A new set has been posted, I'm not going to be able to post the answers until Sunday.

2625 some type of a motor spark plug?
Reply to
WW
2671: shackle? 2672: don't know 2673: golf bag retriever 2674: flag holder 2675: some one else thought it was a spark plug, I can see that. 2676: letter > A new set has been posted, I'm not going to be able to post the answers > until Sunday.
Reply to
Kenefick

Reply to
Kenefick

"Rob H." wrote in news:k3uabc01861 @news4.newsguy.com:

2672 - Tubing bender 2673 - Don't know the name but it's used to pickup golf balls 2675 - Some kind of speciality spark plug

Larry

Reply to
Larry

I guess if you shoved the tube onto a golf ball, it would go up the tube and into the zip pouch. Could be......

Easier than trying to pick them up by telling them they have cute dimples. I helped with parking, at a golf club one time. For a public festival. Picked up a heck of a lot of stray golf balls, over the couple of days. I can't remember what I did with them. Turned them in to the club people, I guess.

.

2672 - Tubing bender 2673 - Don't know the name but it's used to pickup golf balls 2675 - Some kind of speciality spark plug

Larry

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yup. I've used them to pick up balls at charity "hole in one" contests.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Yes, it was the same place, they had thousands of spark plugs on display, this was one of the most interesting.

All except the second have been answered correctly this week, I'm still trying to find a good reference for it and will post an update here when I get one. The answers for this set have been posted:

Rob H.

The wrench is used on the head saw for circular sawmills. I Couldn't find a picture of the wrench but these links show the type of inserted teeth that it is used on:

also advertises a new style wrench that with the claim: "for quick and easy bit and shank replacement - no need to fumble with the "U" shaped pin."

jim

for the links, I didn't think to call it a wrench, I did a search on "Disston saw wrench" and found a patent for a similar tool, it can be found at this address:

added the Simonds wrench to my answer to show a modern version of the tool. Thanks again.

Reply to
Rob H.

showing what the tool does.

Based on the size of the tool, and the drawing, this was a very large sawblade -- from a sawmill, almost certainly. Since the handle of the tool is longer than the diameter of any circular sawblade which I have ever used -- it is not for a home hobby worker. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

find a picture of the wrench=20

and found a patent for a similar tool, it can be found at this address: ht= tp://

I added the Simonds wrench to my answe= r to show a modern version of the tool. Thanks again. >>

Here's a similar tool on this page:

cedarsonny

And another on page 8:

did a search for "saw wrench b/f style" and seems lots of links are available for the older(?) type wrench.

*I am just now seeing a box to be unchecked, so that emails don't go to someone when replying here. I hadn't noticed this before. Sorry if I sent unwanted emails. I'll try to remember this box in the future.

Sonny

Reply to
cedarsonny

Thanks for the follow up on the saw wrench. I've never received an email from you so I don't think there was a problem.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.