What is it? Set 456

Page 1 of 2
I need some help with the fourth item in this set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

2651 is a weight for pan scales. My gran had similar ones with the kitchen scales she used.
--
Dave Baker

Dave Baker wrote:

Here are some other examples.
http://www.belowstairs.co.uk/acatalog/Weights_.html
Had no idea they were worth so much.
--
Dave Baker

Someone sent this in to find out what it was, they were using it as a door stop, when I gave them the answer they said that they might as keep using it for that.

    Well -- these are antique and "collector's items", so you have to expect high prices -- especially from a dealer in the sort. :-)
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Posting from my desk top in the living room, as always.
2651 is a weight for pan scales. My gran had similar ones with the kitchen scales she used.
--
Dave Baker

2650. The two unidentified tools might be homemade "Bulletstartes" for a muzzleloading rifle. The top part looks like its be made from Stags horn.
regards Walter
Am 30.08.2012 10:02, schrieb Rob H.:

I think you are right. Here are some more similar examples: http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic 243.0
They also seem to be called "short starters"

Thanks for the link, I'll pass it on to the owner of these tools.

Good answer, I should have known this one, I posted one a few years ago but it was ball shaped and I didn't make the connection to these tools.
2652 Appears to be a model (perhaps for a mason) of how to make a fireplace with an ash-shelf.
On 8/30/2012 4:02 AM, Rob H. wrote:

I should have typed "smoke-shelf".
On 8/30/2012 6:12 AM, Alexander Thesoso wrote:

You're correct that it's a model of a fireplace, more information on it can be seen at the answers for this set. They have all been answered correctly this week, check out the link below for further details and a video of how the muzzle loader tools are used:
Rob H. wrote:

2647 Glass cutter
2648 Stickers for stacking pipe
--
G.W. Ross

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
Glass cutter! I can see it now. But, the little wheel is missing from the end. Of course, still doesn't explain the square hole.
Rob H. wrote:

2647 Glass cutter
2648 Stickers for stacking pipe
--
G.W. Ross

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
On 8/30/2012 8:09 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Perhaps to help close a window (to remove a pane)--for the kind of windows which had a crank???
Bill

Some kind of side handle? To apply more force, or maybe to run the cutter in a perfectly straight line?
On 8/30/2012 8:09 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Perhaps to help close a window (to remove a pane)--for the kind of windows which had a crank???
Bill

These are both correct
2647, could be any of a number of things. I'd guess a bicycle spoke tightener. The square hole is for opening valves on acetylene tanks. 2648, posts, for outdoor fence. 2649, as a former volunteer fire fighter, I recognize this one. I won't spoil it for our non fire fighter friends. 2650, don't know. 2651, stationary bottle opener? 2652, top of a fireplace
I need some help with the fourth item in this set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
On 8/30/12 8:06 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

What could be worse than fighting a fire with cold, wet feet? This strap would allow a fireman to hang his hose on a ladder to dry in front of the fire!