What is it? Set 451

A new set has been posted:

Rob H.

"Rob H." scribbled:

the light bulb projects through the hole in the center

Reply to
usablevirus

2617 scale weights?

2618 flashlight reflector (why does this seem too easy, whats the catch?)

2619 Electrician's fishtapes

2620 Box for shipping queen bees.

2621 Door stop alarm
Reply to
anorton

Similar, but a plumber's cleanout reel or plumber's snake. The background items gives the plumbing clue.

Reply to
cedarsonny

"Rob H." fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@news1.newsguy.com:

2618 lamp reflector from battery lantern/flashlight/headlamp 2619 plumber's or electrician's "fish tape" for pulling wires and pipes through blind spaces/walls
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Reply to
Bill
2617, the one to the left is a cow bell. The rest are weights for a beam balance. 2618, high temperature crucible, for laboratory experiments. Typically, the crucible would have some chemical that was being tested. Tested for purity, for example. Either that, or a microwave sattelite dish for Satelite Walkman. Listen to sattelite radio, on the go. 2619, either a drain cleaning snake, or a "fish" for running wires. As a drain snake, you'd put a tip on the end of the flat strap, and run it into the pipe to ream it out. 2620, not sure. This will be interesting to see what it is. 2621, alarmed door wedge for travellers. 2622, clothing display rack?

.

Stormin Mormon

I like the high temp crucible theory, better.

.

the light bulb projects through the hole in the center

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It was submitted by a guy who's not too bright?

Lot of people would not recognize an item, out of context.

.

2618 flashlight reflector (why does this seem too easy, whats the catch?)
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I guess that's two votes for electrican's fish. I guess the rounded tip helps keep the end from getting snagged on things?

.

through blind spaces/walls

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

2617: Counter balance weights or scale weights. 2618: Flashlight reflector or flash bulb reflector 2619: Fish Tape for electrical line running. or this looks like it has been used for plumbing based on location and rust. 2621: Door alarm. Used by travelers usually to protect night intrusion in hotel rooms. 2622: Some kind of clamp, hold down. The shaft goes in the hole and the bolt draws that firm in the hole. Appears to be for cabling ... maybe a temporary setup like a portable news studio... 2623:
Reply to
tiredofspam

2619 - I have one of these - it was sold as a plumber's drain unblocker, though I've more often used it for fishing for electric cables
Reply to
Norman Billingham

2619 Drain snake
Reply to
Rick

2622 Clamp for a temperature guage?
Reply to
Bill

2619 Is a sewer tape used to unplug a backed up sewer pipe. Not a pleasant job!
Reply to
Ralph

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

anorton wrote the following on 7/26/2012 4:50 AM (ET):

Correct

willshak

Correct, someone had sent in the photo and I decided to post it even though it wasn't difficult, not too often but every once in a while I post an easy one.

Reply to
Rob H.

I was going to say they are pipe cleaners but there is an almost equal amount of people saying they are fish tapes so I guess I'll include both in my answer.

Reply to
Rob H.

I'll said, and raise you to web page.

piece flat sewer tape.