What is it? Set 451

Page 1 of 2
A new set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

2618 - the light reflector of a flashlight. the light bulb projects through the hole in the center
I like the high temp crucible theory, better.
scribbled:

2618 - the light reflector of a flashlight. the light bulb projects through the hole in the center
scribbled:

Correct, someone had sent in the photo and I decided to post it even though it wasn't difficult, not too often but every once in a while I post an easy one.
Well, that does tend to help keep us going.
But, but, but.... you mean it's NOT a high temp lab crucible? I was wrong?
scribbled:

Correct, someone had sent in the photo and I decided to post it even though it wasn't difficult, not too often but every once in a while I post an easy one.

    Hmm ... to me the hole looks to small (given the stated diameter) to accept a PR-2 style flashlight bulb. Perhaps some other kind, but I'm not really sure about that. I would be interested in knowing what kind of bulb is expected to fit though that hole.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
I'm the source of the picture of the flash light reflector. Since Rob will post the answers today, I can come clean.

Hmm ... to me the hole looks to small (given the stated diameter) to accept a PR-2 style flashlight bulb. Perhaps some other kind, but I'm not really sure about that. I would be interested in knowing what kind of bulb is expected to fit though that hole.
Enjoy, DoN.

2617 scale weights?
2618 flashlight reflector (why does this seem too easy, whats the catch?)
2619 Electrician's fishtapes
2620 Box for shipping queen bees.
2621 Door stop alarm

Similar, but a plumber's cleanout reel or plumber's snake. The background items gives the plumbing clue.
It was submitted by a guy who's not too bright?
Lot of people would not recognize an item, out of context.

2618 flashlight reflector (why does this seem too easy, whats the catch?)
anorton wrote the following on 7/26/2012 4:50 AM (ET):

Correct (Amazon.com product link shortened)
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I was going to say they are pipe cleaners but there is an almost equal amount of people saying they are fish tapes so I guess I'll include both in my answer.
I'll said, and raise you to web page. http://sardco.com/index.php/products/ridgid/drainmaintenance/one-piece-flat-sewer-tape.html One piece flat sewer tape.

I was going to say they are pipe cleaners but there is an almost equal amount of people saying they are fish tapes so I guess I'll include both in my answer.

http://sardco.com/index.php/products/ridgid/drainmaintenance/one-piece-flat-sewer-tape.html
Thanks, I'll send this link to the owner.
I have used the same sort of thing when i worked as a telecom installer we used it to snake across under carpet and pull cable back or to snake down ducts to pull cables back down them.
"Rob H." wrote in message

http://sardco.com/index.php/products/ridgid/drainmaintenance/one-piece-flat-sewer-tape.html
Thanks, I'll send this link to the owner.

2617 Trade weights for weighing things like grain on a beam balance 2618 lamp reflector from battery lantern/flashlight/headlamp 2619 plumber's or electrician's "fish tape" for pulling wires and pipes through blind spaces/walls

2620 A humidifier, like for inside an instrument case (or your ant farm)?
I guess that's two votes for electrican's fish. I guess the rounded tip helps keep the end from getting snagged on things?

2619 plumber's or electrician's "fish tape" for pulling wires and pipes through blind spaces/walls
2617, the one to the left is a cow bell. The rest are weights for a beam balance. 2618, high temperature crucible, for laboratory experiments. Typically, the crucible would have some chemical that was being tested. Tested for purity, for example. Either that, or a microwave sattelite dish for Satelite Walkman. Listen to sattelite radio, on the go. 2619, either a drain cleaning snake, or a "fish" for running wires. As a drain snake, you'd put a tip on the end of the flat strap, and run it into the pipe to ream it out. 2620, not sure. This will be interesting to see what it is. 2621, alarmed door wedge for travellers. 2622, clothing display rack?
A new set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
On 7/26/2012 4:06 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2617:     Counter balance weights or scale weights.
2618:    Flashlight reflector or flash bulb reflector
2619:    Fish Tape for electrical line running. or this looks like it has been used for plumbing based on location and rust.
2621:    Door alarm. Used by travelers usually to protect night intrusion in hotel rooms.
2622: Some kind of clamp, hold down. The shaft goes in the hole and the bolt draws that firm in the hole. Appears to be for cabling ... maybe a temporary setup like a portable news studio...
2623: