What is it? Set 445

Just posted a new set on the web site:

Rob H.
2581 I haven't seen this before, but, I think it is a coin counter.

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso
2581 coin Counter/stacker

2582 Terpentine bucket

2583 touch combination gun safe

2584 looks almost like a flax combing vise, but I've never seen one made of metal.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

2582 Sand Bucket for fires.

2583 Cash Box. Combination entered by finger pressure.

2584 Vise for sharpening a saw.

2586 Spinarette for wrapping wire around a core.

Reply to
G.W. Ross

The turpentine buckets we used had a flat side and a large wooden handle.

Reply to
G.W. Ross

2582: Maple sap collection pot?

2584: Portable sheet metal brake?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

2583 Gun safe with finger identity lock. 2584 Saw setting Clamp
Reply to
tiredofspam

2581 - Coin counter.

2582 -

2583 - Gunvault pistol safe. Place your fingers in the slots, it reads your prints and opens. Key is a back-up release.

2584 - Saw vice. Used to hold the blade in place while you sharpen or set the teeth.

2585 - Buggy step. Used to provide a stepping point to enter or exit horse drawn buggies, also used on some early cars for the same purpose.

2586 - Looks like a nozzle of some type. Maybe for a fountain?

Reply to
Steve W.
2581. African phonograph, with stretched out lower lip. Or, maybe a coin sorter, or coil roller. 2582 early fire extinguisher. Kept filled with sand. 2583 "digital" gun safe. 2584 bench vise that clamps on the edge of a table. 2585 hair straightening iron from the 1800s. 2585 burner from a laboratory burner. Brass gas jets, and metal to hold the beaker of chemicals.

.

Stormin Mormon

I saw one, once. Guy was sorting and counting coins from a vending machine. He set up on a table, in the store near the machine. I found it fascinating to watch.

.

2581 I haven't seen this before, but, I think it is a coin counter.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I was thinking of the fire pails, they used to use in retail stores. Now you mention sap pot, that makes more sense.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Well, others have guessed the others I thought I knew, but not 2586 which is a pin straightener for 7 pin miniature tubes. There are 8 holes so you don't need to worry about aligning the tube properly.

A quick google search found a collection:

WayneJ

WayneJ fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

BINGO! I had several! Damn! I forgot...

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

2582 does look like the red fire buckets filled with sand, but then why is there no handle? If you look on the web all of them have a handle. That one little hole does not look like it was meant to hold the weight of a bucket filled with sand.

Notice the blackening inside. My guess is this was a personal burn basket for getting rid of confidential documents before the era of shredders.

Reply to
anorton

It's Coca-Cola Red, or at least it was... I'll guess it's the cap catcher bucket for under the Bottle Opener of a Coke Machine.

It would hang from a screw on the side of the cooler. Blackening would be from residual phosphoric acid due to fizz-overs.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human

Now I a believe those who say it is a maple sap bucket. here is an example:

anorton
2581: Manual coin sorter / counter? 2582: Fire bucket? 2583: biometric safe? 2584: no idea, clamp of some sort? 2585: Pizzelle design maker? 2586: no idea
Reply to
Kenefick

2581 Sharpening station of some type. Scalpels? 2582 Fire bucket made to hang on a nail 2584 Hand saw sharpening vise.

2585 Buggy or early auto step

Reply to
DanG

Finally got the answers posted, the items were all correctly identified here in the newsgroups. When I was on the road I found some good stuff that I'll be looking forward to posting in the coming weeks, I need some help on at least a couple of them.

Rob H.