What is it? Set 445

Page 1 of 2
Just posted a new set on the web site:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
2581 I haven't seen this before, but, I think it is a coin counter.
On 6/13/2012 4:28 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2581 coin Counter/stacker
2582 Terpentine bucket
2583 touch combination gun safe
2584 looks almost like a flax combing vise, but I've never seen one made of metal.
LLoyd
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

The turpentine buckets we used had a flat side and a large wooden handle.
--
G.W. Ross

I didn't know it was impossible when I
I saw one, once. Guy was sorting and counting coins from a vending machine. He set up on a table, in the store near the machine. I found it fascinating to watch.
2581 I haven't seen this before, but, I think it is a coin counter.
On 6/13/2012 4:28 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Rob H. wrote:

2582 Sand Bucket for fires.
2583 Cash Box. Combination entered by finger pressure.
2584 Vise for sharpening a saw.
2586 Spinarette for wrapping wire around a core.
--
G.W. Ross

I didn't know it was impossible when I

2582: Maple sap collection pot?
2584: Portable sheet metal brake?
--
Woodworking and more at <http://www.woodenwabbits.com

On 6/13/2012 9:38 AM, Dave Balderstone wrote:

I agree on that.
2583 Gun safe with finger identity lock.
2584 Saw setting Clamp
I was thinking of the fire pails, they used to use in retail stores. Now you mention sap pot, that makes more sense.
"tiredofspam" <nospam.nospam.com> wrote in message

I agree on that.
Rob H. wrote:

2581 - Coin counter.
2582 -
2583 - Gunvault pistol safe. Place your fingers in the slots, it reads your prints and opens. Key is a back-up release.
2584 - Saw vice. Used to hold the blade in place while you sharpen or set the teeth.
2585 - Buggy step. Used to provide a stepping point to enter or exit horse drawn buggies, also used on some early cars for the same purpose.
2586 - Looks like a nozzle of some type. Maybe for a fountain?
--
Steve W.

2581. African phonograph, with stretched out lower lip. Or, maybe a coin sorter, or coil roller. 2582 early fire extinguisher. Kept filled with sand. 2583 "digital" gun safe. 2584 bench vise that clamps on the edge of a table. 2585 hair straightening iron from the 1800s. 2585 burner from a laboratory burner. Brass gas jets, and metal to hold the beaker of chemicals.
Just posted a new set on the web site:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

2584 Saw Vise
scott
Well, others have guessed the others I thought I knew, but not 2586 which is a pin straightener for 7 pin miniature tubes. There are 8 holes so you don't need to worry about aligning the tube properly.
A quick google search found a collection: http://www.stevenjohnson.com/tubepinst.htm

BINGO! I had several! Damn! I forgot...
Lloyd

2582 does look like the red fire buckets filled with sand, but then why is there no handle? If you look on the web all of them have a handle. That one little hole does not look like it was meant to hold the weight of a bucket filled with sand.
Notice the blackening inside. My guess is this was a personal burn basket for getting rid of confidential documents before the era of shredders.
On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 09:37:22 -0700, "anorton"

It's Coca-Cola Red, or at least it was... I'll guess it's the cap catcher bucket for under the Bottle Opener of a Coke Machine.
It would hang from a screw on the side of the cooler. Blackening would be from residual phosphoric acid due to fizz-overs.
--<< Bruce >>--
"Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable)"

Now I a believe those who say it is a maple sap bucket. here is an example:
http://www.worldonaplate.org/photos/uncategorized/mapletap.JPG
2581: Manual coin sorter / counter? 2582: Fire bucket? 2583: biometric safe? 2584: no idea, clamp of some sort? 2585: Pizzelle design maker? 2586: no idea
On 6/13/2012 4:28 AM, Rob H. wrote:

On 6/13/2012 3:28 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2581 Sharpening station of some type. Scalpels?
2582 Fire bucket made to hang on a nail
2584 Hand saw sharpening vise.
2585 Buggy or early auto step
--

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Finally got the answers posted, the items were all correctly identified here in the newsgroups. When I was on the road I found some good stuff that I'll be looking forward to posting in the coming weeks, I need some help on at least a couple of them.