What is it? Set 444

Just posted a new set on the web site:

Rob H.

variant to be seen at

phorbin
2575 tuning fork, made by someone who doesn't do metal work 2576 valve wrench for acetylene tanks 2577 some kind of valve for a water pipe? 2578 cabinet key 2579 roofers hatchet 2580 no clue. Maybe bar towel holder?

.

Stormin Mormon
2575: Something to do with looms? (or All purpose wooden tuning fork lol) 2576: Just to attach to a holder? 2577: Work break whistle? 2578: Church key or skeleton key? But for what? 2579: Interesting hatchet, crow bar, hammer, but for what? 2580: nut cracker?
Reply to
Kenefick

2576 - Hole to operate valve on CO2 tank 2579 - Packing crate tool
Reply to
joeljcarver

Yes, the one on my site is a Bridgeport Howe #120.

Reply to
Rob H.

didn't specify it was automobiles.

Reply to
Rob H.

'75: a clamp for holding boards together for planing? '76: tank valve stem tool/bottle opener, for when you need to rebraze lines on the AC system on a 100 degree day, and want to keep cool with a beer '77: abstain '78: victrola case cover key '79: crate axe/paw '80: some kind of grabby thingy. No real clue what for: rope? cloth? paper?

2575 looks good for hanging a blanket on a board-rail fence. A wet blanket might weigh too much for a clothesline, and clothespins might not keep it secure in the wind.
Reply to
J Burns

2580: The dark foot could pick up a string, wire, or tape close to a surface. Then the light part could be rotated to clamp it without damaging it. For working on a musical instrument?
Reply to
J Burns

2575) Hmm ... the angles on the tips suggest that it is to slide over something, but the grain at the far end of the notch will make it too weak to have much holding power.

At a guess -- it slides over something like the side panel of a truck with a cross pin to bear in the flat surface of the fork shown, where it should be strong enough.

2576) A combination -- an opener for capped glass bottles of beer (or soft drinks as well, but the wrong brand), and a wrench to work on either a valve or the width adjustment on old roller skates. Given the beer label on it, I would suspect that it is intended to work the valve on a CO2 tank to feed a beer dispenser. 2577) Looks like a valve for dumping the steam pressure on a steam engine -- either a stationary one for powering a factory, or the usual mobile one on rails. I think that it may also include a pressure relief valve. 2578) Well ... obviously a key. Presumably the 'V' in the handle has some significance, but I don't know it.

It could be the key to a tall clock case, or to a cedar chest (hope chest), or something similar.

The 'V' suggests "Volvo", but it does not look like a key to an automobile. Wrong style -- a warded lock, instead of pin or disc tumbler.

I guess that it could fit an old style padlock.

2579) Another combination tool. Hatchet, hammer, nail puller, and the hook opposite the hatchet blade may be for breaking into a door -- so it perhaps is a fireman's tool.

I like the attachment of the blade to the shank. The impact of using it as a hammer would tighten the fit rather than loosen it. I would like to see the back side to see whether there is a screw or nut to hold the hatchet blade onto the shank (and attaching the hammer head), or whether the metal has simply been riveted over.

2580) Looks rather decorative. I think that it could serve to grip a rope for making it easier to pull -- gripped between the knurled half-circle and the swinging hook. The ball on the other end I think is purely decorative. (This is two different woods, is it not?) Otherwise, if metal, it could pivot on that ball.)

Now to post this and then see what others have suggested.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

It isn't for use on an instrument, it's tool for health professional.

Reply to
Rob H.

Reply to
tiredofspam

Reply to
tiredofspam

Pinching off an IV feed?

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

It isn't for flow control or an umbilical cord, but it does come into direct contact with part of the body.

Reply to
Rob H.

Something to do with wrist straps?

Reply to
J Burns

It has nothing to do with straps, or any other additional items, just two people and this tool, and maybe a chair.

Reply to
Rob H.

Well, you might need straps if the person gets a look at that pelican before it's in place... ;-)

Reply to
Steve W.

'75: another guess: A gauge? possibly for thickness planing?