Just posted a new set on the web site:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
says...

2579
boxtool
variant to be seen at
http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?c=&p2016&cat=1,43456,43407

Yes, the one on my site is a Bridgeport Howe #120.
2575 tuning fork, made by someone who doesn't do metal work 2576 valve wrench for acetylene tanks 2577 some kind of valve for a water pipe? 2578 cabinet key 2579 roofers hatchet 2580 no clue. Maybe bar towel holder?
Just posted a new set on the web site:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
2575: Something to do with looms? (or All purpose wooden tuning fork lol) 2576: Just to attach to a holder? 2577: Work break whistle? 2578: Church key or skeleton key? But for what? 2579: Interesting hatchet, crow bar, hammer, but for what? 2580: nut cracker?
On 6/7/2012 4:02 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2575 - Tongs - maybe for washing clothes
2576 - Hole to operate valve on CO2 tank
2579 - Packing crate tool

That's it! The owner had told me it was for gas light valves though he didn't specify it was automobiles.
'75: a clamp for holding boards together for planing? '76: tank valve stem tool/bottle opener, for when you need to rebraze lines on the AC system on a 100 degree day, and want to keep cool with a beer '77: abstain '78: victrola case cover key '79: crate axe/paw '80: some kind of grabby thingy. No real clue what for: rope? cloth? paper?
On 6/7/12 4:02 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2575 looks good for hanging a blanket on a board-rail fence. A wet blanket might weigh too much for a clothesline, and clothespins might not keep it secure in the wind.
On 6/7/12 4:02 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2580: The dark foot could pick up a string, wire, or tape close to a surface. Then the light part could be rotated to clamp it without damaging it. For working on a musical instrument?

It isn't for use on an instrument, it's tool for health professional.
2580 Well then, something to control the flow through tubing?
On 6/7/2012 7:53 PM, Rob H. wrote:

2580... maybe for tying off the umbilical cord.
On 6/7/2012 8:21 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

"tiredofspam" <nospam.nospam.com> wrote in message

It isn't for flow control or an umbilical cord, but it does come into direct contact with part of the body.
On 6/7/12 9:01 PM, Rob H. wrote:

Something to do with wrist straps?

It has nothing to do with straps, or any other additional items, just two people and this tool, and maybe a chair.
Rob H. wrote:

Well, you might need straps if the person gets a look at that pelican before it's in place... ;-)
--
Steve W.

Good job on getting the answer, and thanks for sending the link to the old school dental instruments which I posted with the answer for this tool:
On 6/8/12 5:20 PM, Rob H. wrote:

Rob, you fooled me! "It isn't for flow control or an umbilical cord, but it does come into direct contact with part of the body."
Does. I was trying to think of why a modern health professional would touch a patient with varnished wood.
On 6/8/12 8:46 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Is it for percussion or palpation in an exam?