What is it? Set 442

Page 1 of 2
This week's set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

2563. Metallurgy cross section samples
Not a clue on the others.

Thanks, I'll pass this on to the owner of them.
Guesses: 2564 - Looks like some kind of runners for a snow sled; skid runners for delivering firewood.
2566 - An arborist's spade
Sonny
2563, maybe some product samples of plastic? 2564, ladder for a very tall man. 2565, part of garden hose nozzle? 2566, garden shovel, but why the offset? 2567, no clue 2568, no clue
This week's set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
2565 looks like some sort of gasket cutter 2567 my guess is a decorative cap for a small smokejack or similar (based on it looking rather like the top of a steamboat stack 2568 valve spring lifter tool?
Northe

I think this is probably correct but would guess that it would be almost impossible to say exactly if it was made for a lamp, a still, a model riverboat, etc.

No correct guesses yet for this one, this particular tool is for a single purpose, but usually it is seen as a notch on a combination tool.
Rob H. wrote:

2568 A grill scraper?
--
G.W. Ross

How long a minute is depends on which

Nope. Concerning my previous post where I said it was usually seen as a notch on a combination tool, slot would probably be a better choice of words than notch, and there is typically two or three of them.

'63 - Dennis & e likely spot-on. '64 - Have seen this before, but can't remember. '65 - ? '66 - Turfing iron. (for lifting grass turfs). '67 - Shade/protection for a lamp/lantern? '68 - ?
On 5/24/12 4:33 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2566 looks like a tool to dig a deep trench with straight sides.

2566: grave digger's shovel
2564 looks like a ramp or bridge for moving possibly a cable spool or small trolley.
"tiredofspam" <nospam.nospam.com> wrote in message

You were in the right ballpark, it's a ramp for beer barrels. Still not sure about the flat shovel and the smokestack crown but the rest of the answers can be seen here:

My wife swears the shovel is a grave digger's spade, the offset to allow them to scrape the sides of the hole flat. She syas she's seen a few.

2566 - Maybe it's not a shovel. The attachment to the handle is not as a shovel is attached. It looks more like a grub hoe attachment. Maybe it's some kind of straight hoe or straight adze-type tool for soil digging, trenching, turf lifting. I didn't get any hits for grave digging related searches.
Sonny
On 5/25/12 11:45 PM, Sonny wrote:

According to my dictionary, a shovel moves earth and a spade cuts it. With a step for a foot and the handle parallel to the blade, it looks like it was made to cut.
It doesn't look good for lifting sod. The handle would be just above the ground, leaving no room to lever the sod up.
It looks just right for straightening the sides of a trench. A grave needs straight sides. You wouldn't want the casket to jam as it was lowered.
On 5/25/12 7:14 PM, Zz Yzx wrote:

This grave digger seems to be using a spade with a place to step above the blade, like the mystery item.
<
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bd/Vasnetsov_Grave_digger.JPG
On 05/24/2012 03:33 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2565 is the piston from a hand operated water pump, minus the leather washer.
technomaNge

In article <427f54ba-1250-40e7-b5ab-5ca497296681

2568 looks like a patent knife sharpener with parts missing.