What is it? Set 435

Page 3 of 3

cylinder (such as a mast, spar or pipe), I had a problem with knuckle clearance. If it is a handle, the user would have to be careful to avoid injury.

That's a good point, hopefully someone will identify it in the near future.
The rest of them have all been answered correctly, the answers and an update from a few weeks ago can be seen here:
On 4/6/12 5:44 PM, Rob H. wrote:

the photo, when I add the distance from the bolt to the stick and the distance from the bolt to the top of the ring, it looks like 1.5" or so. Because of the angle, I can't be exact.
The diameter of the clamps looks like approximately 3.5". If it's a handle, I'm trying to imagine a situation where it would be useful. Something that gets hot?

Someone emailed me to say that it's a fuel canister carrier, this sounds good to me so I changed my answer on the site.
My friend, Thanks for all the skill and time you put into this web site. I enjoy it. You can expect HeBe-ub to give you grief, now. Read the "who is it" thread to understand why.

That's a good point, hopefully someone will identify it in the near future.
The rest of them have all been answered correctly, the answers and an update from a few weeks ago can be seen here:

2520 -- Saddle maker's leather punches.
--
Ed Huntress

2521 Wall mounted candle holder 2522 Underside of a seat with spring bar for bounce 2523 Harness for carrying milk jugs 2524 Saw 2525 leather hole punch 2520 Leather punch set (used for leatherworking) Or Drill bits for a Dremal
Robert

<:3 )~

Rob H. wrote:

2525 Spring stretching tool, possibly for a brake spring.
--
Rex

2521)    Hmm ... it could be an ashtray which dumps into a     hollow steel column to which it is bolted when the hand and bowl     are tipped up. It appears to be hinged to allow that.
2522)    Do the curved bars simply rest against the steel plate to the     left and hinge up otherwise? If so, it could be a work surface     designed to clamp to the top of a piling for a dock, and it     would serve as a board for cutting up a fish, then the parts     which you want to keep are move to elsewhere and you tip it to     dump the waste back into the harbor.
2523)    Another thing for limiting the mobility of livestock? Loosen     the wing nuts, run the strap around the critter's ankles, and     reassemble. It keeps the two hooves a fixed distance apart,     making running rather impractical.
    Or -- it could be used as a carrying handle for some small     critter equipped with claws and an attitude to use them. Rotate     the two collars so they share a common axis, and apply one band     just in front of the rear legs, and the other around the neck.     Carry by the joining wood handle.
2524)    A folding wood saw for tree limbs, not for carpentry work. It     could be used on an overhead limb by tying a rope into each eye,     throwing one over the limb, and then alternately pulling the     two ropes.
    It could also be used as a *very* uncomfortable collar. :-)
2425)    Well ... a multi tool. It is a side wire cutter, a hammer,     (for driving staples) and perhaps a fence wire tightener. (Or     those strange jaws could perhaps serve as other fence wire     cutters.)
2426)    For decorative leather tooling. You moisten the leather with     a sponge, and then hammer various parts of a pattern into the     leather. You might subsequently color parts of the pattern.          Now (past) time to post this and then read the suggestions which others have posted.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
2524. Don't know what its called, but my high school girlfriend's father fitted her with one of these when we started dating.