Click Here To Start a New Thread
Page 2 of 3   «first < 1
2
3 > last»
Re: What is it? Set 435
A pic of mine.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/n3bz3ADp_9ahx7KocNxA_ZNxr6fTGvmzQmjx7FH1c3g?feat=directlink

Re: What is it? Set 435
2522  Weird guess...  Assuming the forged bars can pivot at the left
strap...  A snowshoe for a horse?

Re: What is it? Set 435

Very close, it was marked as being used for a slightly different purpose,
though I suppose it could have been used in snow.

Re: What is it? Set 435

Mud shoes.
LLoyd

Re: What is it? Set 435
That's it, they used to use them to harvest marshgrass in the salt
marshes here on Cape Cod, I've even found one once in the mud.

--
<:3 )~

Re: What is it? Set 435

Yes, though I usually see them marked bog shoes.

Re: What is it? Set 435
2520 Leather embossing punches?

--Winston

Re: What is it? Set 435
2520 (shouldn't that be 2526?) is a set of watchmakers staking tools.
They fit into a small press (more of a guide actually) to press in watch and
clock bearings, pinion shafts , etc.

Paul K. Dickman

Re: What is it? Set 435

Thanks, just fixed that.

This answer is correct.

Re: What is it? Set 435
2522- boot puller

2524- either "Dude, this is a family website!", or, a collapse-able
saw

2525- pliers that also hammer *something*

2520 (26?)- holders for inserting acupuncture needles

Dave

Re: What is it? Set 435
2521, looks like a wall holder for candles. If the part with the hand and
the bowl pivots, it's a single sided brassiere designed by a dirty old man.
2522, My first thought was the metal part on top is horse shoe shaped.
Another gentle reader mentioned horse snow shoe, and that makes a lot of
sense, to me.
2523, my first thought was an early set of handcuffs, but I'm probably
mistaken. The center part looks to be a handle. Maybe a way of carrying two
bottles of milk? Or some other kind of bottles or jugs?
2524, training device for eels, or other small fish. Train them to be still,
and don't move.
2525, specialized cutter / hammer combination. Probably for running wire
fence.
2526, looks a bit like my set of number and letter punches, though my set is
rectangular.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
  www.lds.org
.

I need help with the third item this week:

http://55tools.blogspot.com /

Rob

Re: What is it? Set 435

Yes, it was marked as being a fence tool, though I didn't see it my fence
tool book.

Re: What is it? Set 435

Is this volume 1 of your book of fences?
http://www.seinsinuando.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/manual.jpg
Art

Re: What is it? Set 435

Ha ha, you would think a fence tool book would be that thick, but
unfortunately my book is only 118 pages.  That's good photo, I'll have to
save it for later use.  Somehow I didn't see this post last week.

Rob

Re: What is it? Set 435
2521 sits in the corner of a pool billard table an "hands" you the ball
      after you sunk it.

happy easter
Walter

Re: What is it? Set 435
2521.  Has this got anything to do with eating monkey brains?

2522.  I assume this fixes round a horses foot for some reason.

2523.  This fixes to a wooden pole (perhaps a mast) to be used as a handle?

2524.  Fold away saw blade.

2525.  Wire strippers.

Re: What is it? Set 435

I like the mast handle idea, don't know if it's right or not but it sounds
reasonable.

Re: What is it? Set 435
I wonder about the little hole in each band.  Could it be for a pin or
screw to prevent slipping?

Re: What is it? Set 435

I would say this is probably correct.

Re: What is it? Set 435
    Then it is perhaps to join two spars pivoted at a common point
to hold them at a selected angle to each other.

    Enjoy,
        DoN.

--
                  Remove oil spill source from e-mail