What is it? Set 435

Page 2 of 3
F Murtz wrote:

A pic of mine. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/n3bz3ADp_9ahx7KocNxA_ZNxr6fTGvmzQmjx7FH1c3g?feat=directlink
2522 Weird guess... Assuming the forged bars can pivot at the left strap... A snowshoe for a horse?
On 4/5/2012 4:01 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Very close, it was marked as being used for a slightly different purpose, though I suppose it could have been used in snow.

Mud shoes.
LLoyd

marshes here on Cape Cod, I've even found one once in the mud.
--
<:3 )~

Yes, though I usually see them marked bog shoes.
Rob H. wrote:

2520 Leather embossing punches?
--Winston
2520 (shouldn't that be 2526?) is a set of watchmakers staking tools. They fit into a small press (more of a guide actually) to press in watch and clock bearings, pinion shafts , etc.
Paul K. Dickman

Thanks, just fixed that.

This answer is correct.

2522- boot puller
2524- either "Dude, this is a family website!", or, a collapse-able saw
2525- pliers that also hammer *something*
2520 (26?)- holders for inserting acupuncture needles
Dave
2521, looks like a wall holder for candles. If the part with the hand and the bowl pivots, it's a single sided brassiere designed by a dirty old man. 2522, My first thought was the metal part on top is horse shoe shaped. Another gentle reader mentioned horse snow shoe, and that makes a lot of sense, to me. 2523, my first thought was an early set of handcuffs, but I'm probably mistaken. The center part looks to be a handle. Maybe a way of carrying two bottles of milk? Or some other kind of bottles or jugs? 2524, training device for eels, or other small fish. Train them to be still, and don't move. 2525, specialized cutter / hammer combination. Probably for running wire fence. 2526, looks a bit like my set of number and letter punches, though my set is rectangular.
I need help with the third item this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

Yes, it was marked as being a fence tool, though I didn't see it my fence tool book.

Is this volume 1 of your book of fences?
http://www.seinsinuando.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/manual.jpg
Art

Ha ha, you would think a fence tool book would be that thick, but unfortunately my book is only 118 pages. That's good photo, I'll have to save it for later use. Somehow I didn't see this post last week.
Rob
2521 sits in the corner of a pool billard table an "hands" you the ball after you sunk it.
happy easter Walter
Am 05.04.2012 10:01, schrieb Rob H.:

2521. Has this got anything to do with eating monkey brains?
2522. I assume this fixes round a horses foot for some reason.
2523. This fixes to a wooden pole (perhaps a mast) to be used as a handle?
2524. Fold away saw blade.
2525. Wire strippers.

I like the mast handle idea, don't know if it's right or not but it sounds reasonable.
On 4/5/12 6:05 PM, Rob H. wrote:

screw to prevent slipping?

I would say this is probably correct.

    Then it is perhaps to join two spars pivoted at a common point to hold them at a selected angle to each other.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail