What is it? Set 435

Threaded View
Click Here To Start a New Thread
Page 1 of 3
1
2 3 > last»
I need help with the third item this week:

http://55tools.blogspot.com /

Rob

Re: What is it? Set 435

Here are a few more unidentified items that people have sent in to me, but
for one reason or another never made it to the web site:

1.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album%2014/2dcs001.jpg

2.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album%2014/2dcs002.jpg

3.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album%2014/2dcs003.jpg

Re: What is it? Set 435
1. Looks like a memorial for a grave.
Karl

Re: What is it? Set 435

Sounds like a good guess, I was thinking it could be a mail slot but I like
your idea better.

Re: What is it? Set 435

It's a crypt marker, not for a "grave", but a vault.

Lloyd

Re: What is it? Set 435
I was thinking a radio face. Top would be the dial. The two smaller
slots for band selection and the bottom for selector buttons for presets.

--
Steve W.

Re: What is it? Set 435
I did a search on markers for graves and crypts but none of them had any
slots, so the radio face idea sounds better right now.  I went back and
looked at the email from a couple of months ago, here is more information on
it from the owner:

"I found it in a garage I was demolishing. It is about 8" by 5" (in the
middle). There are two threaded holes on the back (one at top center and one
on bottom center. There are two numbers - CP-302-1 and 2355 FEDERAL. It
probably weighs close to one pound."

Re: What is it? Set 435

These were commonly used to mark graves (usually temporarily while the
headstone was procured) in the cemetery up the street many years ago.
The rectangular spaces held the name and dates. The holes were for the
fastenings to the stake that went into the ground.

Kevin Gallimore

Re: What is it? Set 435
Looks like this is correct, I found some similar ones here:

http://designsofdallas.com/temporary_grave_markers

Thanks!

Re: What is it? Set 435
I know #3.  My sister, as a joke, bought us one of these.  We use it
sometimes.  The bottom part of the block moves to allow all the "spokes"
to collapse to better fit in a kitchen drawer and to help install it.
It is made for holding plastic bags open after washing or rinsing them
for re-use.

It is for the super frugal!

--

___________________________________

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Dan G
Re: What is it? Set 435
CY: Face shield for UN horse knight of the cavalry.
CY: Medeival flush handle from the castle.
CY: Some kind of sex toy.

Re: What is it? Set 435

Good job, I'll forward this on to the owner of it.  Thanks!

Re: What is it? Set 435
Re: What is it? Set 435
Phineaus Taylor Barnum must be grinning from ear to ear, over this.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
  www.lds.org
.

Good call! (Amazon.com product link shortened)

Re: What is it? Set 435
2524. Roll up saw.
Karl

Re: What is it? Set 435
With the handles missing.

Re: What is it? Set 435
Finger through each loop? Or were there handles?  I've never seen one of
these, I don't know.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
  www.lds.org
.

With the handles missing.

Re: What is it? Set 435

There were handles that fit into the round part but the photo I shot of them
didn't turn out well.

Re: What is it? Set 435
Oh, that's interesting to know. Yes, wooded handles sure "wood" help.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
  www.lds.org
.

There were handles that fit into the round part but the photo I shot of them
didn't turn out well.

Re: What is it? Set 435
I have the same saw and they have wood handles.

Threaded View
Click Here To Start a New Thread
Page 1 of 3
1