What is it? Set 435

Page 1 of 3
I need help with the third item this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

Here are a few more unidentified items that people have sent in to me, but for one reason or another never made it to the web site:
1.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album%2014/2dcs001.jpg
2.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album%2014/2dcs002.jpg
3.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album%2014/2dcs003.jpg

1. Looks like a memorial for a grave. Karl

Sounds like a good guess, I was thinking it could be a mail slot but I like your idea better.

It's a crypt marker, not for a "grave", but a vault.
Lloyd
Rob H. wrote:

I was thinking a radio face. Top would be the dial. The two smaller slots for band selection and the bottom for selector buttons for presets.
--
Steve W.

I did a search on markers for graves and crypts but none of them had any slots, so the radio face idea sounds better right now. I went back and looked at the email from a couple of months ago, here is more information on it from the owner:
"I found it in a garage I was demolishing. It is about 8" by 5" (in the middle). There are two threaded holes on the back (one at top center and one on bottom center. There are two numbers - CP-302-1 and 2355 FEDERAL. It probably weighs close to one pound."
On 4/6/2012 5:58 PM, Rob H. wrote:

These were commonly used to mark graves (usually temporarily while the headstone was procured) in the cemetery up the street many years ago. The rectangular spaces held the name and dates. The holes were for the fastenings to the stake that went into the ground.
Kevin Gallimore

Looks like this is correct, I found some similar ones here:
http://designsofdallas.com/temporary_grave_markers
Thanks!
On 4/5/2012 3:22 AM, Rob H. wrote:

I know #3. My sister, as a joke, bought us one of these. We use it sometimes. The bottom part of the block moves to allow all the "spokes" to collapse to better fit in a kitchen drawer and to help install it. It is made for holding plastic bags open after washing or rinsing them for re-use.
It is for the super frugal!
--

___________________________________

Keep the whole world singing . . .

CY: Face shield for UN horse knight of the cavalry.

CY: Medeival flush handle from the castle.

CY: Some kind of sex toy.

Good job, I'll forward this on to the owner of it. Thanks!

Good call! (Amazon.com product link shortened)
Phineaus Taylor Barnum must be grinning from ear to ear, over this.

Good call! (Amazon.com product link shortened)

2524. Roll up saw. Karl
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

With the handles missing.
Finger through each loop? Or were there handles? I've never seen one of these, I don't know.

With the handles missing.

There were handles that fit into the round part but the photo I shot of them didn't turn out well.
Oh, that's interesting to know. Yes, wooded handles sure "wood" help.

There were handles that fit into the round part but the photo I shot of them didn't turn out well.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I have the same saw and they have wood handles.