What is it? Set 431

Page 1 of 2
I need some help with the first item this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

2502. Antique surveyor's alidade. For use on a plane table. A more modern one.
http://planetableandalidade.com/IMG_0756.JPG
Karl

Alidade is correct.

Thanks for doing these. They're always interesting. Karl

2501 is for opening Bottles and Cans. The old style Bottle opener is just before the Tail. Twist tops are handled by the "inner circle" by the bumps and Pop tops are started by the first fin behind the Head.
Crazy Ed

Yes, it's made by the people that make Yeti coolers.

Not sure the 1st one is anything in particular other than a handle that clamps to a square shaft.
Dave
I'll admit, I have totally no ideas, for any of them.
You did it -- totally stumped me.

#2498 Pressure cooker?
Bill

It's not a cooker, it's something a little more sinister than that.
2499 looks like it could be old Ice Fishing Ploes.
Crazy Ed

That's it! If you look really close you can see some line that is wrapped around the middle part of the upper one.

    If sinister, then it is a timed explosive charge, set off by the Sun near noon. (Or at least the housing for it, without the powder charge.)
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

Not exactly correct but you're close, there are explosives involved.

is it used in a gas chamber?

Nope, it's not related to a gas chamber.

Looks like I might get one this week!
#2500 A clamp for holding the leather tip of a pool cue in place while glueing it on!
Bill
Bill wrote:

end of a pool stick or something similar.
--
Gerald Ross

Going the speed of light is bad for

You're both correct, it's a clamp and a trimmer, we didn't have a tool like this so instead would just use sandpaper to flatten the end of the cue.
No proof yet for the first item but the rest have all been identified this week, the answers can be seen here:
Rob
Rob H. wrote:

From Rob's answers:
2502. This tool is an Alidade, a device that allows one to sight a distant object and use the line of sight to perform a task. This task can be, for example, to draw a line on a plane table in the direction of the object or to measure the angle to the object from some reference point. Angles measured can be horizontal, vertical or in any chosen plane. The alidade's primary use is for creating maps in the horizontal plane.
I actually thought of that based upon the ends (which reminded me of the 2 pieces of rifle's sight), but I couldn't account for the 3 clips on the base. Is there something extra there?
Bill