Just posted this week's set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
On 01/03/2012 09:00, Rob H. wrote:

2495
very similar
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50187340/#

Thanks! I'll forward this to the owner of it.
2491 a punch and die to punch square holes in sheet metal.
This looks like it is part of an old machine that does that. Usually wheel driven, not hydraulic...
On 3/1/2012 4:36 AM, Rose wrote:

2493 is a Granade Launcher Sight for a US M1 Rifle.
Walter
Am 01.03.2012 10:00, schrieb Rob H.:

2496. Smith Motor Wheel for a bicycle.http://www.american - automobiles.com/Articles/Smith-Briggs-Stratton-Motor-Wheel.html Karl

2496. Smith Motor Wheel for bicycles. http://www.american-automobiles.com/Articles/Smith-Briggs-Stratton-Motor-Wheel.html Karl

That's a good link, thanks. I was looking for a video of one in use but had no luck, there was a video of one running but it wasn't attached to a bike.

Look down at Ed's post. This is a copy of what I posted there: Did a search. Here's why: "Similarly to Shaw, A.O. Smith also motorized bicycles with a device call the Smith Motor Wheel. To increase sales of its bicycle engine the Smith company developed and sold a small buckboard car call the Smith Flyer which was propelled by the motor wheel. Later still, in May 1919, A.O. Smith sold the Motor Wheel rights to the Briggs & Stratton Corporation of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Briggs & Stratton sold the buckboard car as the Briggs & Stratton Flyer. From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawmobile Fourth paragraph. Karl

Thanks, looks like it would have been a fun go-cart.
On 3/1/2012 3:00 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2491. Blacksmith hole punch
2492. Appears to be missing the pivoting end at the end of the clamp screw.
2495. One of many from a dry goods store, a product storage box.
On 3/1/2012 8:01 AM, Leon wrote:

2495-- a string dispenser
--
<:3 )~

I've seen this kind of thing uses as a magazine rack. Found in libraries.

2495-- a string dispenser
2491: Slot hole punch for leather goods? 2492: Press, bearing? 2493: ?? I see the level in it. so it holds something in a plane. It also appears to pivot on the lug. 2494: Part of a clevis hook? 2495: file / magazine holder. 2496: A gas powered rubber tire? Moves something down the line?

#2941 - (Clearly?) A (custom) marking guage?
2491 no clue 2492 wood worker's hold down clamp? 2493 trigger mechanism for a leg hold trap 2494 Mason's device, this is cemented into a wall, to provide for hanging a flag 2495 Nicely made box, but no ide as to the use 2496 took some looking. I think it's a gasoline powered carbide saw.
Just posted this week's set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

You're correct that it's a wood worker's clamp but it was used for a specific purpose.

Holding down Pinocchio, while his nostrils were drilled?
I'm just astounded to get one right.

You're correct that it's a wood worker's clamp but it was used for a specific purpose.

I should have mentioned that it's missing a chain and a part that fits on the other end of the chain.
Well, that proves it. Wood workers clamp, and chain. Definitely for holding down Pinnochio.
Did I mention that Gepetto was into fettishes? He could only carve on little wooden boys if they were chained down. You shoulda seen the girl dolls he carved, too. Lawdy, lawdy!
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but leather and chains excite me" -- Gepetto

I should have mentioned that it's missing a chain and a part that fits on the other end of the chain.