What is it? Set 427

Page 1 of 3
The latest set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

2473 - Bottle opener 2474 - Nose ring! 2475 - folding spanner - a cyclists tool, including spoke adjuster and bottle opener! 2476 - leather football former 2477 - hot plate gripper?
--
[dash dash space newline 4line sig]

Albi CNU

I guess I should give you about a 90% on this answer, it _is_ a bottle opener but it's for a specific kind of bottle, one which most people here have probably opened on at least one occasion.

A BROWN BOTTLE OPENER!
-Zz

Air ye a jurdie mun? (other brown ales are available!)
--
[dash dash space newline 4line sig]

Albi CNU

You don't "twist" those tools, you wiggle them back and forth in the same plane as the tines.
-Zz

Well beer bottle obviously; metal cap on glass bottle e.g. http://www.bathales.com/our-ales/aid/gem /
I didn't think it was a corkscrew!
--
[dash dash space newline 4line sig]

Albi CNU

[dash dash space newline 4line sig]

Albi CNU
2476 Sand-casting pattern for a cannon ball?
On 2/9/2012 4:04 AM, Rob H. wrote:

On 2/9/2012 6:03 AM, Alexander Thesoso wrote:

2477 is a device to press glazier's points into a picture frame.
Kevin Gallimore

Thanks! I'll pass this on to the person who sent the photo, they got it in a box lot that they had purchased at an auction.
I think they still sell them.

Lee Valley does:
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p2117&cat=1,43293
scott

shoe nails ~3/4" long with a flat back and tappered shaft.
2473 cigar cutter? 2474 towel holder? 2475 glass cutter? 2476 first thought was a hat jig. after the other photos, no clue. 2477 oil can remover? HFS in the 60s = Harbor Freight Tools now 2478 fumergator?
On 2/9/2012 4:04 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Looks like I should have taken the photo from a lower angle so it would be more obvious that the slot that you can see on the lower right is a key hole.

2473 vacuum cleaner nozzle for under the sofa? 2474 the round ball probably has female threads? Which makes it a towel holder. 2475, some kind of wrench, but what? 2476 looks a bit like the "ink balls" that were used to put ink on old movable type printing pressess. The ball is coated with leather, of course. There's a historic site within driving distance of me that has ink balls. 2477, gee whiz. Harbor Freight is still in business. You could contact them, and see if someone at the office knows. Me, sorry, not sure. 2478, something based on a wick type oil lamp. Beyond that, I'm guessing.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Yeah, but Stormy, those balls are filled with wool, not wood. One letter off!
Lloyd

The leather handle has a picture of a landscape with a moose, I thought it could be for an outdoorsman but maybe it's just a general purpose combination tool. Also the wooden ball is still unidentified but the rest of the answers have been posted and can be seen here:
Rob
I realize that I owe you some pictures of the mortise lock latch. Havn't been to where I have my mortise lock stored.
The wooden ball looks a LOT like the ink balls used for old movable type printing press.
If you open this photo in your browser:
http://www.lds.org/Static%20Images/PlacesToVisit/feb19-upload/GrandinInterior7-Detail.jpg
In the foreground is a wooden railing that keeps the public back. The corner of the railing points to a black table, and on the table are two such ink balls.
This is the page that hosts the picture I sent: http://www.lds.org/placestovisit/eng/historical-sites/book-of-mormon-publication-site-grandin-building The Grandin Building is about 15 minutes drive from where I live.