What is it? Set 424

Page 1 of 2
I need some help with the last three items this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
On 1/19/2012 4:04 AM, Rob H. wrote:

I believe 2458 would be used in performing a pedicure on a horse's hoof.
Kevin Gallimore

Thanks! I'm sure this is correct.
Rob H. wrote:

2456 is an artists paint brush cleaner storage device

This answer is correct.

Been using one of these as a parts washer with carb cleaner, always thought the handle was a bit strange.
beecrofter wrote:

The handle holds the brush handles when you force them in the spirals.
I thought the handle was modelled after a Filipino IUD contraceptive? Or was that Japanese? I can't remember.

The handle holds the brush handles when you force them in the spirals.
Whadaya expect with artists?

Been using one of these as a parts washer with carb cleaner, always thought the handle was a bit strange.
2455, length of copper tubing with an access fiting pre brazed on. 2456, some kind of cooking pot, with handle that tries to stay cool to the touch 2457, snow chains for an Amish buggy 2458, no clue. Maybe for helping carry bales of hay? 2459, no clue. 2460, no clue.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

How foolish - this is clearly a ceremonial hash pipe used by North American Indian tribes in the 17th and 18th century.

Oh man - don't you recognize a miniature lobster steamer, used for steaming miniature lobsters?

I thought a good mormon would quicly recognize a hand made S&M collar for the wife...

Or a purpose built jack knife for cutting around curves?

A taxidermists jig for holding dead cats in position while mounting them for the Pencil Sharpener re-use found in the handy manual "100 Things To Do With A Dead Cat".

Sorry - you cannot use the same answer for two different items. This one is clearly a Gizmo - surprised you didn't catch that immediately.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net

    You get paid for this?
--
pyotr

    Its a Marine Leaverrite, if I'm not mistaken.
--
pyotr
We'll all be disapponted, if you don't.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Professional? Heck - I was only foolin'. Now I have to be professional?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net
Rob H. wrote:

2455 -
2456 - small brush cleaner.
2457 -
2458 - folding hoof pick and hoof knife
2459 -
2460 - Looks like a mechanical bomb sight.
On 1/19/2012 8:16 AM, Steve W. wrote:

2458: Maybe the other tool is for "scraping" before you use the scribe.
Bill

2455: Guess: A primitive pressure gauge/(blow out valve?) for a fine piece of steam powered machinery--hence the brass.
Bill

I think this is probably correct, maybe for use on a ship or plane, but I haven't been able to find another one like it.