What is it? Set 415

Page 2 of 2

I haven't changed anything on my end, I agree with most of the replies here that say news servers are probably filtering my posts for some reason. I'll change the subject line next week, and if that doesn't work the following week I'll add a paragraph or two of lorem ipsum to the body of my post, hopefully one of those will fix the problem.
Rob

    Adding the paragraph or two will probably make it look even *more* like spam to the filters. :-) Even if you pick a different two paragraphs with each posting. I see *far* too much spam like that in my e-mail.
    Unfortunately, changing the subject line will likely defeat my special filtering to undo the killfile getting rid of cross-posted articles -- which are otherwise spam, trolling, or political arguments.
    Looking at what I have, these were the ones to make sure that I saw them:
=====================================================================[rec.crafts.metalworking] Score: 150 Subject: What is it\? Set.*
[rec.crafts.metalworking] Score: 400 Subject: What is it\? C.*
[rec.crafts.metalworking] Score: 600
=====================================================================     And only one of those works with the current situation, so I have added the following:
=====================================================================[rec.crafts.metalworking] Score: 600
===================================================================== which may get me past it.
    Good Luck,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

2401)    Looks like part of a door closer assembly, with the option     to quickly disengage it when you need the door to say open while     moving things through it.
2402)    Perhaps to hold cosmetics during application, given the fold-up     mirrors on each side. I suspect that there are provisions for     latching them at right angles to the table top. And certainly     of historical nature, given the large flag partially visible     behind it.
2403)    Very interesting, given the V profile on the handle side.
    Perhaps for hitting a shoulder on a round something like a tent     peg to drive it in gently -- with a projection riding in the V     to guide the hammer.
2404)    O.K. The close up image shows it as rusted steel and wood, not     all copper as the first photo appears to be. (Incandescent     lighting improperly compensated by the camera.)
    Looks as though it could be a saw blade used to cut small limbs     from a tree while standing on the ground, or on not too tall a     ladder.
2405)    Are there projections of the steel part engaging dimples on the     side of the glass part to allow it o pivot that way? There does     not seem to be sufficient support otherwise to allow for that.
    It almost looks like it would hold a candle, but why tilt like     that?
    Perhaps a sealing wax candle, tilted to seal a document?
2406)    Looks as though it could grip a cork or a wooden plug, once the     center pin is pushed in a ways. Slide the ring towards the hook     ends and it will close them together, and then lock after it     passes the small bump.
    Perhaps for pulling and replacing a wine cork or some kind of     bung plug?
    Now to post this and then see what others have posted.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

The photos were from an auction so the flag was not related to the table, just happened to be next to each other.

Good answer, cork puller is correct.