What is it? Set 413

Just posted this week's set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

2389 novelty nutcracker 2390 is a cannon tamper 2391 is a fence tensioner! 2392 standard depth hole tester 2393 keeps the sheets off a burns victim? 2394 is obviously *now* a key ring!
--
[dash dash space newline sig]

Albi CNU

2392 Tension spring installer
Yeah, this looks a lot like a drum brake spring tool.

I agree that it looks like a spring tool, not sure exactly what kind though, haven't been able to find one on the web just like it.
On 11/3/11 4:44 AM, Harry Vaderchi wrote:

2390 The spontoon, with an 18" blade on a 6' shaft, was a decisive weapon in the Revolution. An American officer could signal in the noise of battle and protect his men from bayonets as they reloaded. A quarter of a century later, Lewis and Clark carried spontoons to Oregon.
Logically, spontoons should have been useful until officers had revolvers and soldiers had breech loaders. I imagine 2390 could be a spontoon with a retractable blade. That would make it safer, easier to carry in woods, and less likely to show an enemy where the officers were.

Werll there's room for one!

--
[dash dash space newline sig]

Albi CNU

"Assembly is the reverse of unassembly."
--
[dash dash space newline sig]

Albi CNU
Harry Vaderchi wrote:

Yeah, tell that to that box of loose watch parts. ;-D
Cheers! Rich -- is this sig delimiter working?

And "disassembly is how you take apart datassembly".
2389: broken spray painter 2390: wwi boot camp training tool, gun simulator 2391: pry bar 2392: leather working tool 2393: more book shelf organizers 2394: ship portal lock
On 11/03/2011 03:05 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2389- if it looked 0.001% more like a saw handle I'd say it's a saw handle.
Dave

2389)    Not enough views to allow a reasonable guess, unless you are     someone who has seen one before -- and I am not. :-)
2390)    At a guess, it is what the soldiers in a trench just below the     targets on a military firing range use to reach up and change     or patch the targets.
    Being in the trench, they are safe from the bullets, and being     just in front of the targets, they can call out how good the     hits were -- and put up fresh target boards.
2391)    At a guess -- a tool for disassembling wooden crates to allow     unpacking the contents. The hinged 'C' will allow the left hand     to pull up on the claw while the right hand uses the normal     leverage. With just the right dimensions, the free end of the     'C' could be put on the floor to allow using it as the stable     point for leverage.
2392)    Perhaps a tool for removing primers from fired cartridges to     allow reloading them. In particular, perhaps for the Berdan     primers (more common in European military cartridges) instead of     the Boxer primers more common in US cartridges.
2393)    Perhaps to drape pup tent halves over for drying?
2394)    I presume that the key allows the ring to be separated from     the forked bottom. Perhaps something like a captive oarlock, if     there is enough play in the join of the two parts.
    A more than usually puzzling set this week.
    Now to post this and then see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail