What is it? Set 412

Page 2 of 2
On 10/29/2011 5:00 AM, Gunther Mannigel wrote:

Missus has a paper towel holder similar to that pic but it has a circular base , and is 13" tall , is also plastic coated . The chicken cookers are popular here ,some have grease catch trays under them some dont.
--
Kevin (Bluey)

Lots of good guesses on the two unidentified items but I haven't been able to find proof for any of them. The answers for the rest of the set along with some new photos can be seen here:
I've got a couple more tough ones that were sent in to me lined up for next week, hopefully we'll have better luck then.
Rob
On 10/29/2011 7:36 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Heres a link to the beer can chicken roaster not the same as the one in the pics , but I have seen the pain ones like in the pics. http://www.latestbuy.com.au/beer_chicken_gadget.html
--
Kevin (Bluey)

Here's a multi-pronged variety of the glove dryer.
http://www.currentcatalog.com/605064.html
LLoyd

I like both the chicken roaster and glove dryer ideas but I still haven't found any others just like them and I'm not sure why someone would have twenty of them in their house.
Rob H. wrote:

What does/did the homeowner do for a living or as a hobby??
--
Steve W.

I'll ask the person who sent the photos but I'm not sure he'll have an answer since he had said "They were in a pile of junk at a house I'm cleaning out." I'll also ask what else was in the pile of stuff he found them in.
Rob H. wrote:

Must be one of those days. Just had a friend wander in while I was looking at that item. He asked me who had the library divider. "HUH" he says it's a divider used with a track that mounts under the shelf and slides to hold books in place. He thinks it's an old Brodart or Estey item
--
Steve W.

This answer is sounding better to me but I still haven't been able to find any others like it. Still waiting to hear back from the owner of it.
Thanks, Rob
I got a reply from the person who sent the photo, he said, "...there were 20 boxes of books that I donated to a local library and there were some books that went out of the house before I got involved. The guess of a book divider appeals to me most...seems most likely to me. The previous owners, now deceased, were University professors."
I wouldn't say this one is one hundred percent solved but I think this answer is probably correct, thanks to everyone who helped identify this item.
Rob
On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 22:27:19 -0000, Stormin Mormon
condom driers. Though, the book divider idea is more probable.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

    Especially given a house full of professors. Now, if it were a different form of "house", especially a popular one, they might need that many dryers. :-)
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail