What is it? Set 404

Page 1 of 2
I need some help with two of the items this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

2335 - Photo contact printer
2336 - Ice fishing spear
2337 - Meat Tenderizer
2339 - Fertilizer (or lime) spreader

Looks like this is correct, thanks to everyone who answered it.

bottom one was for cedar shingles.

According to the owner they are ice chippers, though they do look sort of like shingle tools.
No luck yet identifying number 2339 but the rest of the answers can be seen here:
Rob
On 9/2/11 5:32 PM, Rob H. wrote:

2338: I agree with Rob. In 3000 BC, the Iceman knew the purpose of a pack frame was to rest weight on the lower back. His pack frame had two wood slats for that. If this is a pack frame, it's much more primitive than the Iceman's.

2338 is shurely a reversible sledge
--
[dash dash space newline sig]

"Nuns! NUNS! Reverse! Reverse!"
says...

It's probably a farm implement and it looks like it should have something to do with grain or animal feed.
What does it look like under the spiral cone?

I'm guessing that 2339 is used for winnowing grain (separate wheat from chaff). <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnowing>
Joe Gwinn

I hardly glanced at it when I took the photo, I was taking pictures of the fish trap and saw this device in one of my photos when I got home. So I don't know what is under the spiral, hopefully I'll see it again some day. If he didn't sell it, he might have it for sale again next year at the tractor show.

2335: Contact printing box (photography)
2336: Pickle fork for very big pickles in very deep jars. d8-)
--
Ed Huntress

2335
Contact printer for old syle pictures looks homemade.
On 1/09/2011 4:03 PM, Rob H. wrote:

2337 something to do with cheese production.

2340 sure looks like a feeder- corn cobs?
Dave
Rob H. wrote:

2335 - Used for making contact/proof prints.
2336 -
2337 - Could be a meat tenderizer
2338 -
2339 - Looks like a feed mill funnel
2340 - old version of a live trap?
--
Steve W.

Nailed it.
On Thu, 1 Sep 2011 04:03:34 -0400, Rob H. wrote:

2340- fish trap
basilisk
2338 (just) has to be a jig for helping to make chairs.
Bill

Good answer, that's what the tag on it said that it was.

2336. Looks like a fairly normal long handled weeding fork so you can weed deep borders without having to stand in them.
2339. Maybe for separating corn and chaff.
2340. Looks like it's designed to let something in but not back out. Laid on its side it could therefore be an animal trap.
--
Dave Baker