What is it? Set 402

Page 2 of 2
Rob H. wrote the following:

It don't believe it either. What's the point of the swinging part? I've seen many pictures of Model Ts and never saw this on the radiator. They either had a screw cap to add water or a gauge with wings to measure the water pressure.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Why, this would be like one o' them weather ropes: if it's wet, it's raining... if it's standing straight out parallel to the ground, the wind's blowing...
With this metal thingie, if that flap is parallel to the ground, you know you're driving that Model T way too damn fast!

Bottle opener. Well, that's what I'd use it for.
--
[dash dash space newline sig]

"Nuns! NUNS! Reverse! Reverse!"

    Hmm ... for 2326 -- did the Model T have a speedometer? If not, the airflow could lift the flap proportional to the speed, so you could get a rough idea of speed from it.
    As for 2327 -- that explains the remains of red paint visible on it.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail