What is it? Set 398

I need some help with the last one in this set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
Rob H. wrote:

#2304 Guess: A sight for a weapon; the 2 screws would secure it, the "handle" would help adjust it.
Bill
Bill wrote:

Shoot, I don't believe it either... the shiny "sheet metal" part looks more important than what I took for a sight. The later is surely just part of the adjustment mechanism...
Bill
Bill wrote:

Ah! I think the shiny sheet metal part is intended to be lined up with the other part. Might work for some sort of sighting or surveying...
Bill

This one isn't any type of sight or survey device.
2300 : A candle holder for a boat?
2302 : A theatre spot light, pointing to the floor.

I think 2299 is a rotor for a "shucker" of some sort. Not corn -- too short.
2300... a counting tray? Coins, pills? Load it, then tip to dump?
2301 no clue
2302 yes... an old "LeeCo" lamp? Maybe even carbon arc, considering the size of that vent cap.
2303 Combination egg cracker and yolk separator in one tool.
2304 paper folder (maybe an envelope maker) During the world wars, mail was often written ON the envelope paper - to save airmail weight - then the paper was folded up and sealed with the messages hidden inside. This looks to guide and crimp paper for a neat fold.
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote the following:

Exactly, The Highflyer EZCracker (as seen on TV)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

It's not part of a shucker, and it's probably a salesman's sample so the actual part would be larger.

I think this is correct, probably for pills.

Correct, as other people have also stated.

It's not used in this manner but it is related to paper.

Correct, although this light was used on a TV stage.

Rob, Rob, Friend...
TV lights ARE theatre lights... take it from a guy in the entertainment industry <G>.
LLoyd

Looks like some old Hubbels that we used. It is missing the asbestos insulated leads, probably used a 1-2 KW lamp. Very inefficient beasts.

I hereby retract the word 'although' from my previous post. ;-)

#2302 An old ellipsoidal theatrical spotlight. 750w - 1kw size.
On 7/21/2011 3:13 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2299- Is this a stove grate?

Stove grate is correct!
Rob H. wrote:

How unsatisfying! ; ) Good guess Ralph.

2299)    A cam to latch something by being turned by a hex wrench     on the visible head, while it pivots around the shank at     each end.
2300)    Given the offset of the pan, I would suggest that this is     designed to dispense a fixed weight of some product.
    You load the product into the pan, and when a sufficient     quantity is loaded in, the weight in the pan overbalances the     pendular weight and dumps the pan into a waiting container.
2301)    Looks like a press for something like installing primers in     shotgun shell or something similar.
2302)    A limelight perhaps? Some kind of light used in theatrical     or musical performances -- and the lack of a visible power cord     or connector suggests that it is the original one powered by     heated lime.
2303)    Perhaps a lemon squeezer?
2304)    I see two possibilities:
    1)    For heating hair to produce flat bangs.
    2)    For heating and ironing a fold in cloth -- perhaps prior         to stitching it.
    Now to see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Still not sure about the weighted tray but the rest of them have been identified this week, the answers for this set can be seen at the link below: