What is it? Set 398

I need some help with the last one in this set:

Rob H.

#2304 Guess: A sight for a weapon; the 2 screws would secure it, the "handle" would help adjust it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Shoot, I don't believe it either... the shiny "sheet metal" part looks more important than what I took for a sight. The later is surely just part of the adjustment mechanism...

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Ah! I think the shiny sheet metal part is intended to be lined up with the other part. Might work for some sort of sighting or surveying...

Bill

Reply to
Bill
2300 : A candle holder for a boat?

2302 : A theatre spot light, pointing to the floor.

Reply to
David

"David" fired this volley in news:j0960c$78f$1 @dont-email.me:

I think 2299 is a rotor for a "shucker" of some sort. Not corn -- too short.

2300... a counting tray? Coins, pills? Load it, then tip to dump?

2301 no clue

2302 yes... an old "LeeCo" lamp? Maybe even carbon arc, considering the size of that vent cap.

2303 Combination egg cracker and yolk separator in one tool.

2304 paper folder (maybe an envelope maker) During the world wars, mail was often written ON the envelope paper - to save airmail weight - then the paper was folded up and sealed with the messages hidden inside. This looks to guide and crimp paper for a neat fold.
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote the following:

Exactly, The Highflyer EZCracker (as seen on TV)

Reply to
willshak

This one isn't any type of sight or survey device.

Reply to
Rob H.

Correct, although this light was used on a TV stage.

Reply to
Rob H.

It's not part of a shucker, and it's probably a salesman's sample so the actual part would be larger.

I think this is correct, probably for pills.

Correct, as other people have also stated.

It's not used in this manner but it is related to paper.

Reply to
Rob H.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Reply to
Ralph

"Rob H." fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

Rob, Rob, Friend...

TV lights ARE theatre lights... take it from a guy in the entertainment industry .

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Looks like some old Hubbels that we used. It is missing the asbestos insulated leads, probably used a 1-2 KW lamp. Very inefficient beasts.

Reply to
Stuart Wheaton

Stove grate is correct!

Reply to
Rob H.

I hereby retract the word 'although' from my previous post. ;-)

Reply to
Rob H.

2299) A cam to latch something by being turned by a hex wrench on the visible head, while it pivots around the shank at each end. 2300) Given the offset of the pan, I would suggest that this is designed to dispense a fixed weight of some product.

You load the product into the pan, and when a sufficient quantity is loaded in, the weight in the pan overbalances the pendular weight and dumps the pan into a waiting container.

2301) Looks like a press for something like installing primers in shotgun shell or something similar. 2302) A limelight perhaps? Some kind of light used in theatrical or musical performances -- and the lack of a visible power cord or connector suggests that it is the original one powered by heated lime. 2303) Perhaps a lemon squeezer? 2304) I see two possibilities: 1) For heating hair to produce flat bangs. 2) For heating and ironing a fold in cloth -- perhaps prior to stitching it.

Now to see what others have suggested.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

How unsatisfying! ; ) Good guess Ralph.

Reply to
Bill

Still not sure about the weighted tray but the rest of them have been identified this week, the answers for this set can be seen at the link below:

Rob H.