What is it? Set 389

Page 1 of 2
I need some help with the second one this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

2249. Old-style hook disgorger
2250, Flare gun
--
Ed Huntress

Correct

Nope
Rob H. wrote:

2250 looks a lot like the older single shot grenade launcher that predated the M-203. A lot of them were converted over to LTL and tear gas when they were taken out of military service.
--
Steve W.

2245: Security box for shipping guns on an airplane? 2246: Dowel spoke shaver? 2247: Hay mover? 2248: the tongs separate, but what could you catch or clean up with it? 2249: used in a team of horses? 2250: Tears gas gun?
On 05/19/2011 04:18 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Correct
"Rob H." wrote ...

I knew it! I got a couple of these right in the last month or so. Yea!
Again, the reason I knew about this is I actually saw it in operation and got to fire a round from it. It had a kick to it. More so than a shotgun. The one pictured here looked a little different than the one I saw. But the case was almost exactly the same.

Since this is the only guess for 2247, I added a couple photos of a device that is used in conjunction with this tool:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
On 5/19/2011 5:29 PM, Rob H. wrote:

A fork to hold twine for making a rope.

Yes, another name for it is a stretcher.
Rob H. wrote:

Guess I need to read ahead.....
--
Steve W.

Rob H. wrote:

Rope making tool. might be the first twine guide
--
Steve W.

OMG, I saw these at a lot of scout events. They make rope with it.
On 05/19/2011 06:29 PM, Rob H. wrote:

2250. looks like an old tear gas gun. I fired one of these in my youth with some cops at a gravel pit. Part of an intro to law enforcement program.
Rob H. wrote:

2245: Suitcase bomb without the bomb? ;-) 2246: Looks like a thing I've seen hanging from "high-tension" lines near the insulators, but even if it is one of them, I have no idea what its function is.
Cheers! Rich
Rob H. wrote the following:

2250 - Someone else mentioned a flare gun, and it could be. My first impression was that it was used in the Navy for firing a line across to another ship which starts the highline process.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

The calibre makes me think not. A lot of line-throwers were 12ga. That looks to be 38-40mm.
LLoyd

2248 is a NASA moon rock retreiver

and 2245 is a moon rock sample return container.