What is it? Set 389

I need some help with the second one this week:

Rob H.

2249. Old-style hook disgorger

2250, Flare gun

Reply to
Ed Huntress
2245: Security box for shipping guns on an airplane? 2246: Dowel spoke shaver? 2247: Hay mover? 2248: the tongs separate, but what could you catch or clean up with it? 2249: used in a team of horses? 2250: Tears gas gun?
Reply to
Michael Kenefick

some cops at a gravel pit. Part of an intro to law enforcement program.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

2245: Suitcase bomb without the bomb? ;-) 2246: Looks like a thing I've seen hanging from "high-tension" lines near the insulators, but even if it is one of them, I have no idea what its function is.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Rob H. wrote the following:

2250 - Someone else mentioned a flare gun, and it could be. My first impression was that it was used in the Navy for firing a line across to another ship which starts the highline process.
Reply to
willshak
2250: I also vote for line throwing gun, per:

Northe

Reply to
Northe

Northe fired this volley in news:b26a7671-019d-4d14- snipped-for-privacy@y27g2000prb.googlegroups.com:

looks to be 38-40mm.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

2248 is a NASA moon rock retreiver
Reply to
anorton

and 2245 is a moon rock sample return container.

Reply to
anorton

Correct

Nope

Reply to
Rob H.

Correct

Reply to
Rob H.

No comment since it's in the Neatorama collaboration.

Correct

Reply to
Rob H.

I knew it! I got a couple of these right in the last month or so. Yea!

Again, the reason I knew about this is I actually saw it in operation and got to fire a round from it. It had a kick to it. More so than a shotgun. The one pictured here looked a little different than the one I saw. But the case was almost exactly the same.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Since this is the only guess for 2247, I added a couple photos of a device that is used in conjunction with this tool:

Rob H.

Reply to
Ralph

Yes, another name for it is a stretcher.

Reply to
Rob H.

2250 looks a lot like the older single shot grenade launcher that predated the M-203. A lot of them were converted over to LTL and tear gas when they were taken out of military service.
Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
Steve W.