What is it? Set 388

Page 1 of 3
I need some help with the fourth and fifth items in this set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/2011/05/set-388.html
Rob

2239. Some sort of compass or candle gimbal? 2241. Safety attachment for the top of the roof to tie your harness into. 2243. I'm guessing it's for book binding. Karl

The last word in your guess is correct.

Yes
I've shown this to a few people and this is the most popular suggestion for it.
Rob
2242 Starting with the name, a play on words, Chain, changer... I'd guess this is a tool to help change a chain... To take the tension off of a removable link in a chain so the removable link can be undone.
On 5/12/2011 5:04 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Sounds like a good use for it, hard to say if it's for tire chains or some other specific use, I did a patent search but didn't find anything.
Rob
2239: Ships lamp, always stays "up"? 2240: Brown Paper Bag? Lunch sack 2241: 2242: A door lock? 2243: 2244:
On 05/12/2011 05:04 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Correct, it's a gimbaled lamp for a ship.

It's not a lunch sack but it is a brown paper bag, it has a very particular purpose.
Rob

2240 Luminary, you put sand and candle and line a walkway with them at Christmas time?
Mark
On 5/12/2011 10:20 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2240: Burn bag for classified documents.

Correct, these are used by the government for when they burn old documents instead of shredding them.
Rob

Actually the government will use almost anything as a burn bag. I saw Purina bags used at an agency that never says anything. What's more interesting is the items which make their way Into burn bags, including false teeth, ladies underwear, and washing machine motors.

I'm not really asking... Just being a wise-guy... How do you know? Been reading things in burn bags lately?
Alexander Thesoso wrote:

How does he know they were ladies?
--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

teeth....underwear....sounds to me like they stuffed a PERSON in a burn bag!
--riverman

At this particular agency diversity did not extend to guys wearing bras and panties, so it was a fairly good assumption. :)
Lobby Dosser wrote:

How did they know they were wearing bras and panties? Did they have those X-ray vision machines? Or maybe they skin-searched everybody who had a lumpy chest?
Thanks, Rich
Lobby Dosser wrote:

Not all women are 'ladies'.
--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

And not all 'ladies' are women....
-riverman
Myron Buck wrote:

True. Some are girls, AKA 'Young ladies' ;-)
--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Gunner Asch wrote:

Your typical West Coast 'TV sets'? ;-)