What is it? Set 369

Page 2 of 2

Correct! It also has a mercury switch and x-ray sensor, I'll have a few more details about this one tomorrow when I post the answers for this set.
Rob

Rob, that was the FIRST guess this morning; mine. Foul!
I can't retrieve the history of the thread, but I think I called it "A suspicious package recognition training aid...".
Does one normally suspect those things called by law-enforcement "suspicious packages" to contain puppies?
I can presume this was for X-ray inspection operators of the day, but it also has aural detection implications, with the batteries and speaker.
Harumph!
LLoyd

Your answer was close, I probably should have said that it was in the right ballpark.
Your exact answer was: 2125 looks like a training aid for "suspicious package identification" practice.
The actual answer for the briefcase is: "a training aid showing the different ways a hidden bomb could be triggered."
Though they are related, I think these are two different things.

Suspicious packages can contain things besides bombs, such as drugs, anthrax, smuggled animals, weapons, any contraband, etc.

It was for training Air Force OSI agents and didn't have aural detection, the speaker would make a noise when any of the sensors were triggered.
I usually give the benefit of the doubt on guesses since a lot of the items are difficult to figure out, but I still think identifying a suspicious package is not the same as showing how bombs can be triggered. If anyone agrees or disagrees, feel free to fire away! ;-)
Rob

2125)    Interesting device. It appears to have a few DIP packaged     reed relays, a few transistors, two widely separated 9V     batteries, several switches for configuration, a potentiometer,     a few capacitors and resistors, and a circuit in some folded up     brass shielding, and *I think* a mercury tilt switch in the     black plastic heat-shrink sleeving near the brass tab at the     bottom right of the board.
    There is also a round object which I am quite uncertain about.
    Oh yes -- and a speaker with a paint job on the frame which     makes it look army surplus.
    With just the speaker and one relay powered by one 9V battery, I     could make a significant noisemaker.
    The round object might be a vibration or orientation sensor.
    There *may* be something more under the layer visible, since I     think that the central batch of wires in the black heat-shrink     sleeving poking out from under the bottom center of the board     may go to something else below.
    My guess is that this is intended to make a lot of noise when it     is jostled or carried away.
    But -- the speaker could be used backwards as a microphone, so     it might be a "wire" for recording or broadcasting a supposedly     private conversation.
2126)    The larger items are lenses with manual shutters -- perhaps for     projecting concentrated illumination. The smaller objects may     be for supporting things to be illuminated by the lenses.
2127)    No real clue what the thing was to hold. Perhaps a clue could     be obtained from the relative volume of the three compartments,     for carrying the ingredients to something dangerous to carry     combined -- such as the ingredients for black power.
2128)    Looks like it is for a roller type massage.
2129)    Looks like something for holding a test specimen -- perhaps     for X-ray crystallography or visible light reflection or     refraction.
2130)    Something designed to be moved quickly or with a hydraulic     actuator to cut something. If it were not for the wide     blades, I might think that it was a log splitter, but I don't     thinks so as the visible part appears.
    Now to post this and go see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
DoN. Nichols wrote:

Sorry if someone already said this one, I've been out of town: 2126 - goes on the end of the "powder horns" that hold black power, so that particular amount is dispensed. I think you put your finger over the end, press the lever and invert it to allow the powder to fill up the "nozzle" (my word), let go of the lever and your power charge is ready to pour in the rifle--and only that much will come out. Nice design.
I think 2128 is for dispensing honey.
Bill

2130 looks like it may be the bottom of an opener for an air seeder...