What is it? Set 369

Page 1 of 2
Six more items have been posted on the web site:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/2010/12/set-369.html
Rob

2128: fire lighter - soak in kerosene, light up and place in fire.
Dunno about the rest!

Good answer, this is correct. Still not sure about the cylinder with three compartments but the rest of them have all been correctly identified. The answers along with some videos of unusual wood splitters have been posted here:
Thanks to everyone who took part in this thread and also to all who participated in the past year, this project wouldn't be much fun without others guessing and helping to solve the mystery items that are sent in. I hope everyone has a safe and healthy New Year!
Rob

Thanks Rob for everything the past year and for making everyone use their brains to try to fathom out what they all were. All very interesting and educational, lots of things I and I am sure, others had never seen before. I appreciate your efforts and I am looking forward to another year of interesting objects.
Happy New Year From OZ

Agreed - thanks for posting the quiz again this year Rob.
And another Happy New Year from downunder!
On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 09:42:07 +0800, Dennis wrote:

And I, as usual, am lost for words Therefore may I just endorse the preceeding words of my compatriots avagoodone giovani

2130: Hydraulic log splitter from above?

That's it!
Rob
Rob H. wrote:

2126 is an assortment of powder measure caps , used with BP rifles and pistols .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

This answer is correct.
Rob

2125 looks like a training aid for "suspicious package identification" practice.
2126 IS a powder measure/scoop set, as Snag said
2128 looks like a really FAST way to butter bread from a pan of melted butter. Just dip'n'roll! (actually doesn't look like it would roll too well)
LLoyd

You're right about it being a training aid, but it's not for suspicious package identification, though this guess is not far off. The briefcase was used in the 1980s.
Rob

Then "eavesdropping bug detection exercises" would come to mind.
LLoyd

Nope, it isn't for eavesdropping.
On 12/30/10 6:06 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2125: Modified for tabloid reporters to test airport security!

2129 is a nutcracker mechanism, sold to woodturners to fit into a turned bowl and be fitted with a wooden handle.
See e.g. http://www.craft-supplies.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/IN125

Thanks! Looks like you nailed it.
Rob

2125..........Round tan object looks like a light sensitive cadmium or a selenium detector to set off noise in speaker for alarm. WW

You're correct about the photocell and speaker but not the word 'alarm', so you're on the right track, although there's more to it than just the photocell.
Rob
On 12/30/2010 2:48 PM, Rob H. wrote:

A fake suitcase bomb?