What is it? Set 367

Physical therapy for wrists?

Reply to
J Burns

Interesting, I would have never got that one.

Two thoughts.

One is that there is a similar type of tool use for acupuncture. You find the acupuncture point and press the plunger. It produces a little electricity which is supposed to stimulate the acupuncture point.

The other is the modification of a stun device to neutralize venom from a poisonous snakes. Apparently the electricity takes the toxicity out of the venom.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Correct, it's a wrist exerciser.

Reply to
Rob H.

The item on the end is a 'clutch clutch', then?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

2113) Hmm ... it goes in between two sections of garden hose, and may serve as a pressure relief valve. If the pressure in the hose is too high (e.g. a kink after this device), the water sprays out between the two suction cup shaped objects. The pressure required to do this is set mostly by the spring tension of the loop. 2114) Looks like some kind of game piece -- rolled like a die perhaps, or rotated to keep count of moves. Since the numbers are not consecutive on adjacent faces, I think that it serves the function of a die -- even with the six side -- though I don't know what the significance of standing on end would be in whatever game it would be used for. 2115) "5 Seconds to the inch" ... hmmm time seconds, or seconds of angle? If the 1862 is a date, I think that the time meaning is more likely.

In that case -- it could be a rate of sinking in a liquid. (And presumably a liquid which would not dissolve the glue fro the label.)

2116) I presume that the rule is there for scale, and it not one of the things to be identified.

The bottom object, at least, looks like a screwdriver intended to be operated from awkward angles -- to access heads of screws which are under overhangs of some sort.

2117) Perhaps a probe for measuring resistance of a substance (between the two terminals). Or perhaps a pushbutton, with the two holes on the bottom serving for connection of the wire. Perhaps intended to serve as a detonator for dynamite or similar explosives? (Press the black button with your thumb or pull it as a trigger with the index finger). 2118) Intended for spooling off something like brown butcher's paper or some form of wrapping paper.

The adjustment knob on the clamping collar is perhaps to set a certain amount of drag to prevent it from spooling off too freely.

Now to see what others have suggested.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

2114: Seems to me it might be a mold (for casting "digits").

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I thought it was a ruler :o)

Reply to
David

No, Queen Elizabeth was a ruler, that is a scale. ;-)

Reply to
Kerry Montgomery

That was the rage about 1900. The media brought it back in 1986. _Outdoor_ _Life_ championed the cause.

The evidence was anecdotal. A woman bitten by a copperhead was shocked and back to work in an hour. Copperhead bites are often harmless. The magazine noted that lab tests hadn't found that shocks helped. The article speculated that the labs were using cheap stun guns from Japan or Korea. It recommended a brand.

Reply to
J Burns

My 8th grade industrial arts instructor would smack you with a rule, if you called it a ruler....

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Queen Elizabeth still is a ruler .

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

If your instructor were a ruler, he'd smack you with his scepter, as a rule.

Reply to
J Burns

Correct, it was marked 'old gambling die', but I don't know exactly what games it was used for.

They've all been answered correctly this week:

'll probably post another weekend set sometime tomorrow.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

QE II is still a ruler. QE now measures 6' underground.

Reply to
Kerry Montgomery

Wow. Three right this week. Normally I have no idea what any of them are.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Point taken ,but she was only 5"6'

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

QEII is laid up in Dubai QE is not underground, but under water in Hong Kong

Reply to
George W Frost

One of my teachers had the habit of using the edge of a 15" ruler to hit the knuckles of a student who had the gaul to use their left hand to write, She also had a long brown habit which she wore every day and I don't think it was ever washed cause it was a stinky habit.

Reply to
George W Frost

"Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres (All Gaul is divided into three parts...)" -- 9th grade Latin 1 lesson.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

QE II is a ship.