What is it? Set 365

Another set has been added to the web site:

Rob H.

2104: A puzzle. The goal is to remove the four jacks from the string. 2105: Adjustable carpet beater? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

2101: a rebating plane

2102: a dolly hammer used as a dolly while being hit with another hammer to shape metal for tight spaces.

2103: a drinks cooler with the drawers for the glasses , the drinks in the opening top with ice to cool
Reply to
George W Frost
2103 Guess: It looks like the drawer spacing is just great enough for this to be a storage cabinet for Dictaphone/Edison wax recording cylinders, stored on end.

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

Great guess! That's what it was made to store.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Reply to
Winston

#210 Standard 'veryday beading plane?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

My guesses:

2101 A Rabbit Plane 2102 A Hammer for working this sheet metal. 2103 An old indoor commode when a trip to the outhouse wasn't possible. It does make a fine looking storage cabinet though. The thunder Mug that came with it would also make a fine trash can in the shop. 2104 Some kind of attachment for a Mop head? 2105 Did the center bolt have a spring around it? If it did I would say some kind of scale? Or maybe a door hinge?

DL

Reply to
TwoGuns
2104. If the 4 "jacks" are metal then it could be used as a trivet to keep hot pots or pans off a table or counter top. The string keeps them together when not in use. Art
Reply to
Artemus

Good answer, this is correct.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

2101) A mortising plane -- for putting decorative or functional edges on planks. Now usually replaced with power tools.

The "Comma" or "Apostrophe" shaped piece of wood wedges the blade to the desired depth.

2102) Size?

Looks as though it is to lever the edge of something up relative to another surface.

2103) My first thought was of a case for a wind-up phonograph, but the brackets in the drawers are not right for holding either disks or cylinder recordings. They *might* hold tins of needles, but I can't picture anyone having that many needles, unless they are selling them from this as a display.

And -- they take up too much space for someone to be using a sewing machine which folds up out of the top -- because you would need room for the knees of the operator to pump on the treadle to run it.

2104) Something strange as a game of some sort. 22" is too short to serve as some form of jumprope, and too long for some other things, and the "jacks" are captive on the line. 2105) Looks like a trigger for some kind of trap or snare. Held down by a rope or hook through the 1/2 loop at the bottom. Some kind of load (deadfall, spring-loaded snare, or similar is pulling up at the kink near the upper end of the loop. When something pulls out or down on the wire going to the left, the loop at the top slides off the end of the straight section of wire and releases whatever it is. 2106) Yet another device for tensioning fences? Not much travel, based on the length of thread on the eye-bolt.

Now to send this off and then see what others have suggested.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

After an extensive web search, I believe 2106 is a 6" Fisher Scientific ruler. :-) Kerry

Reply to
Kerry Montgomery

2105 - A bent coat hanger wire.
Reply to
Lobby Dosser

First one is a rabbet plane

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

I hope 2105 is not a horse's bit.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Naw...sorry about that wasted guess.

Reply to
Bill

2105, is a home made key ring

2106, is a double handed knuckle-duster

Reply to
George W Frost

At first I had thought it was a molding plane, but now I think rebating or rabbet plane is correct. The owner of this tool doesn't have a blade for it but did send a few more photos from better angles:

not sure about the tool that looks like a hammer but the others have been answered correctly:

'll probably post another weekend set sometime tomorrow.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.
[ ... ]

reason why I had rejected that as a guess was that the drawers looked too shallow for the right length vs diameter ratio. But I guess that I mis-judged the spacing of the drawers. Still, the primary image with the opened drawers does not look like there was enough spacing.

Enjoy DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

# 2105 --how about a plane for the groove in tongue and groove joinery. (the tongue would be easy to cut with a rabbet plane).

Bill

Reply to
Bill