What is it? Set 362

A new set has just been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

    O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking as always:
2083)    Interesting -- -- given its proximity to the more modern     device in the display case, I will guess that it is an     illumination source used by a medical professional of some sort.
2084)    Hmm ... the blue part is designed to be bolted/screwed to some     surface, based on the counterbored hole under the second     slider.
    The 11" length matches a common page dimension.
    I suspect that it is a snap-in holder for documentation of some     form, such as computer manuals or frequently updated catalogs     used in places like photo stores and auto parts stores.
2085)    This looks like a link to join chain segments, or perhaps     for rigging on a sailboat. Slide the parts apart and there is a     clear path to the eye on each end.
2086)    Hmm ... perhaps a base for a music stand or dictionary stand?
2087)    Perhaps a locking ring for joining a cylindrical container and     its lid?
2088)    A chain designed to roll around a cylindrical surface (a drum of     some sort).
    the link with the strap to the side locks it to the surface of     the drum.
    When there is no load on it, you can easily disconnect links     from each other, or add more links (if you have more than the     three shown).
    Now to see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

No one has gotten this one correct yet, it's an engine related tool.
Rob

    A piston ring expander?
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Phil Kangas wrote:

I was around farms growing up, so I know what you mean. My grandparents had a working farm, and some friends of our moved to a small farm that we visited fairly often.
enough left over to pay them.

Jeez, so sorry for my misinterpretation of what I used to have to repair when I was farming The sprocket had teeth which were about 1" square at the tip and about 2 " deep