What is it? Set 362

A new set has just been posted:

Rob H.

2083) Interesting -- -- given its proximity to the more modern device in the display case, I will guess that it is an illumination source used by a medical professional of some sort. 2084) Hmm ... the blue part is designed to be bolted/screwed to some surface, based on the counterbored hole under the second slider.

The 11" length matches a common page dimension.

I suspect that it is a snap-in holder for documentation of some form, such as computer manuals or frequently updated catalogs used in places like photo stores and auto parts stores.

2085) This looks like a link to join chain segments, or perhaps for rigging on a sailboat. Slide the parts apart and there is a clear path to the eye on each end. 2086) Hmm ... perhaps a base for a music stand or dictionary stand? 2087) Perhaps a locking ring for joining a cylindrical container and its lid? 2088) A chain designed to roll around a cylindrical surface (a drum of some sort).

the link with the strap to the side locks it to the surface of the drum.

When there is no load on it, you can easily disconnect links from each other, or add more links (if you have more than the three shown).

Now to see what others have suggested.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

No one has gotten this one correct yet, it's an engine related tool.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

A piston ring expander?

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I was around farms growing up, so I know what you mean. My grandparents had a working farm, and some friends of our moved to a small farm that we visited fairly often.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Jeez, so sorry for my misinterpretation of what I used to have to repair when I was farming The sprocket had teeth which were about 1" square at the tip and about 2 " deep

Reply to
George W Frost