What is it? Set 361

What would you like. My BIL has been living there for 10 years now. Some of the things they use over there would make you just ask WHY???

He is a through and through redneck who is teaching English to Japanese kids!!

He married a Japanese girl last year. They have an interesting marriage system there. It is all paperwork. No ceremony involved. They then went to Hawaii and had a US style wedding.

Reply to
Steve W.

That did it.

O.K. 1925 -- as I suggested earlier -- an old one. :-)

Thanks, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

?

You're welcome, as always Don. I never mind helping one of the good guys around here. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Last I was there for any length of time (been quite a while now-- before the current malaise really metastasized) I saw ads for wedding ceremonies.. quite expensive, IIRC, like >JPY 1,000,000. Maybe people are opting out and doing the city hall thing.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

It's difficult to say what I would like, usually I don't know until I see it, I've posted a few things that people have sent me from Japan but that was a few years ago.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Most of those were probably like what they did. The people do the paperwork in Japan but then go elsewhere to have a "Western style" ceremony. They went through a LOT of money. They paid for airfare for close to 25 people, then the had to pay for the hall, limo, pictures, and reception.

Reply to
Steve W.

I'll have to see what kind of strange stuff he can get his hands on. Should be some interesting things over there.

Reply to
Steve W.