What is it? Set 361

I need some help with the second one this week:

Rob H.
2077 looks what I have seen called an optics bench. Sometimes used with lasers or other light sources for optical design and experimentation. I have seen similar items in Edmund Scientifics optical catalog. RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

"RogerN" fired this volley in news:JuednYxNGJVxDE_RnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

It does, yes. But with all the wind-up carousels and rotating reflectors and the big condensor lens, I think it might be a lighting special effects projector -- although I've never seen one that looked so "lab"-like.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
2080. A folding surface gauge. 2081. A hand pumped polishing flywheel possibly for lapidary work, but more likely for scientific work. R
Reply to
RicodJour

Partial credit for being correct about it being a projector although it's not a typical one, it could be described in two words, the second of which is projector. Also correct for saying that it's lab-like.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Nope, part of this one is missing, it can still function without the missing piece but it would be more easily recognized if it were there.

Yes, it's for scientific work.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.
2081. A hand pumped vacuum chamber, missing the bell jar? Art
Reply to
Artemus

"Rob H." fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

It's a microscope projector, using a carbon arc lamp.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Good answer!

Reply to
Rob H.

Robert Milikan did the oil drop experiment to determine the charge on the electron

is credited with its discovery

lektric dan

looks like a precision 'Oil spot' lab machine. The machine might be able to do radial testing of optical crystals as well.

Mart>

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Mold for blown glass?

Reply to
Steve

It isn't any type of mold.

Reply to
Rob H.

Martin Eastburn fired this volley in news:KRKAo.385391$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-13.dc.easynews.com:

No, like I said before, it's a carbon arc lamp illuminated microscope projector.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Microscope projector -- Bausch & Lomb

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

ErrorErrorError

The following file(s) have been blocked by the administrator: /OldMicroscopeorMicroProjectorPicturesandHistory.asp

Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.

The following file(s) have been blocked by the administrator: /OldMicroscopeorMicroProjectorPicturesandHistory.asp

Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.

The following file(s) have been blocked by the administrator: /OldMicroscopeorMicroProjectorPicturesandHistory.asp

Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.

begin 666 blank.gif K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``/___P```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P`` ` end

Reply to
George W Frost

"George W Frost" fired this volley in news:h7SAo.1453$ snipped-for-privacy@viwinnwfe01.internal.bigpond.com:

"

and l arc microscope.jpg"

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"Rob H." fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

Hey! I finally got one right! Bring 'em ON!

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

And quite old too -- based on several features of its construction.

====================================================================== The following file(s) have been blocked by the administrator: /OldMicroscopeorMicroProjectorPicturesandHistory.asp

Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services. ======================================================================

and clicking on the "Troubleshoot" link does not do any good -- perhaps because I am not browsing from a windows box. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Bad link. It is missing the 'x' at the end.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell