What is it? Set 361

Page 1 of 2
I need some help with the second one this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
2077 looks what I have seen called an optics bench. Sometimes used with lasers or other light sources for optical design and experimentation. I have seen similar items in Edmund Scientifics optical catalog. RogerN

It does, yes. But with all the wind-up carousels and rotating reflectors and the big condensor lens, I think it might be a lighting special effects projector -- although I've never seen one that looked so "lab"-like.
LLoyd
2080. A folding surface gauge. 2081. A hand pumped polishing flywheel possibly for lapidary work, but more likely for scientific work.

Nope, part of this one is missing, it can still function without the missing piece but it would be more easily recognized if it were there.

Yes, it's for scientific work.
Rob

Partial credit for being correct about it being a projector although it's not a typical one, it could be described in two words, the second of which is projector. Also correct for saying that it's lab-like.
Rob

It's a microscope projector, using a carbon arc lamp.
LLoyd

Good answer!
looks like a precision 'Oil spot' lab machine. The machine might be able to do radial testing of optical crystals as well.
Martin
On 11/4/2010 9:17 AM, Rob H. wrote:

No, like I said before, it's a carbon arc lamp illuminated microscope projector. <G>
LLoyd
Microscope projector -- Bausch & Lomb
http://einhornpress.com/OldMicroscopeorMicroProjectorPicturesandHistory.asp

ErrorErrorError
The following file(s) have been blocked by the administrator: /OldMicroscopeorMicroProjectorPicturesandHistory.asp
Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.
The following file(s) have been blocked by the administrator: /OldMicroscopeorMicroProjectorPicturesandHistory.asp
Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.
The following file(s) have been blocked by the administrator: /OldMicroscopeorMicroProjectorPicturesandHistory.asp
Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.
begin 666 blank.gif K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``/___P```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P`` ` end

"http://www.pyrobin.com/files/b and l arc microscope.jpg"
LLoyd
On 2010-11-05, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

    And quite old too -- based on several features of its construction.

    Hmm ... I get:
=====================================================================The following file(s) have been blocked by the administrator: /OldMicroscopeorMicroProjectorPicturesandHistory.asp
Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services. ===================================================================== and clicking on the "Troubleshoot" link does not do any good -- perhaps because I am not browsing from a windows box. :-)
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

Bad link. It is missing the 'x' at the end.
<http://einhornpress.com/OldMicroscopeorMicroProjectorPicturesandHistory.aspx
enough left over to pay them.

    That did it.
    O.K. 1925 -- as I suggested earlier -- an old one. :-)
    Thanks,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

You're welcome, as always Don. I never mind helping one of the good guys around here. :)
enough left over to pay them.
2081. A hand pumped vacuum chamber, missing the bell jar? Art

Robert Milikan did the oil drop experiment to determine the charge on the electron https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Robert_Andrews_Millikan
Thompson is credited with its discovery https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/JJ_Thompson

Mold for blown glass?