What is it? Set 355

I need some help with three of the items in this week's set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

2043: A stop light glass from an early car but the red has disappeared
2045: A watermelon slicer to bring out a slice of watermelon without the skin and mess all over your face
The lens is green glass, that is what puzzels me.
Jerry