What is it? Set 353

I need some help identifying a couple of them this week:

Rob H.

rec.crafts.metalworking as always.

2029) For measuring the angle between three landmarks, to allow transfer to a map to determine your current location. 2030) Perhaps to grip a protective cap and unscrew it? 2031) clamp-on support for a candle, perhaps? 2032) Folding hook for hanging something after screwing it into an overhead threaded hole? 2033) Perhaps a tool for harvesting bananas? 2034) A siren designed to be mechanically driven by a motor coupling into which it plugs. (Probably on an old fire engine.)

Now to see what others have suggested.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols
2034: I think it's an old police motorcycle siren?

Seems I can remember some of them being driven off the rear tire... much like those little bicycle light generators (really alternators) that were popular in years past.

If I recall correctly, the siren assembly was spring loaded away from the tire. The 'spindle' (?) was brought into contact via pedal when the cop wanted it spun up.

Of course they only worked when the motorcycle was moving...

I'm sure the screen was necessary to keep crap out.

Erik

Reply to
Erik