What is it? Set 334

Page 1 of 2
Six more items have been posted on the web site:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
1919 Bread slicing guide.

Good answer, this is correct.
Rob

that's funny. i can picture orville wright being SO anal retentive and therefore *totally* miffed at his mother/wife/sister because they didn't serve him perfectly uniform .5625 thick slices of bread that he spent HOURS building this bread slicing "miter box" so he could have perfectly uniform slices of bread. lol. wasn't so much an aid to them but to him. lol. i don't blame him though, just a funny imaginary perspective on a great american hero. we all have our funny little quirks. you never hear about his idiosyncrasies.
b.w.
On 4/29/2010 7:33 PM, William Wixon wrote:

Were you around in the days before sliced bread? Such guides were not uncommon.

oh. i stand corrected. obviously i failed in my attempt at humor as well.
b.w.

1918- The skeleton of a robot roll-away bug.

1917 is a bee escape/ queen excluder- it only lets worker bees pass

How does that work, then? The queens are too large to pass through the holes in the wire cones?

Yes, but I was told it was a bee trap, not sure if it was used inside the hive or outside.

The queen can enter through the wire cones but can't get back out, and as beecrofter mentioned, the workers can pass through the metal grate to attend to her.
Rob
On Apr 29, 1:38pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

And through the spacing of the wire rods as well
Rob H. wrote:

1915 -
1916 - Old hydrant tool. Large hole fits older hex caps, small pentagon fits the valve control rod, curved section likely has a hole in the ear section for the older pin lug style hoses.
1917 -
1918 -
1919 - Bread slicing guide?
1920 -
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Hey, there are quite a few women on those red trucks now as well....
That particular tool isn't real common any longer, Most have the adjustable types now.
--
Steve W.
(\___/)
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I get to use mine a bit. Have one of the newer lightweight ones now. much easier to handle than those older iron monsters.
What Dept. were you with?
--
Steve W.
(\___/)
On 4/29/2010 10:41 PM, Steve W. wrote:

When I read that exchange the first time I got that the adjustable women were popular and that your ex was an "older iron monster". Then I figured out you were talking about nozzles. Which puts my mind into a totally different gutter.

No, he was talking about wenches... ARH! WRENCHES!
<G>
LLoyd

You've got me ALL confused now. I thought THOSE were the "females riding the red trucks"...
LLoyd
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Rottenchester, know it well. I live 4 hours east 20 minutes from Cooperstown. My current FD is a rural one. Not a hydrant in sight. Drafting is the order of the day.
--
Steve W.
(\___/)
Stormin Mormon wrote:

We still carry bastard to NST and Stortz to NST and some weird two eared kwik-loc adapters for Otsego county.
Can't make things easy you know!
--
Steve W.
(\___/)
Stormin Mormon wrote:

We still have the same type of problem today. One good thing is that all of our MA departments talk about things like this and make sure that all of us have the proper stuff on board.
We just got a grant and we will be getting REAL new turnouts (Globe G-Extreme) for the first time since I have been in (17 years). Many of us have bought our own gear over the years.
http://cnyfiretrucks.com/uv/vanhornesville.html Is the current fleet. The Older station is a fun place. Makes it really hard to find rigs to fit. Those doors are a HUGE 10' wide by 94" tall!!! The ALF had to have the cab lip cut off and the roof shaved of everything just to fit. The older Ford (157) had even more work. Cut the entire hose bed down by 6" and it clears by 3" when full of water. When empty you better not sneeze when you back in....
--
Steve W.
(\___/)