What is it? Set 321

Another set has been posted on the web site:

Rob H.

Marc Dashevsky

1841: "Float," for removing sharp wear points from horses' teeth by filing: adjustable for doing upper and lower jaws.
Reply to
John Husvar

1842- hmmm, audio bannana plug, metal box, switch, wire....

I want to say the wire is an antenna, but that only makes sense if the box is a radio designed to feed audio to something, No tuner or volume knob visible...

I'm going to go with it's a receiver for a wireless microphone, designed to jack into an input on a PA amplifier.

Dave

Reply to
Dave__67

I think both 1840 and 1841 are used for filing down horse's teeth. I believe that 1840 is a "float" and 1841 is a "rasp."

1842 looks like a wireless transmitter for electric guitars. Lets you transmit the guitar sounds through a radio for practicing.

Northe

Reply to
Northe

1838: Battle-comb, the last Viking word in aggressive hairdressing 1839: Colander for people who can't stand the smell of boiled cabbage 1840: Golf club for the vertically challenged 1841: Adjustable cheese grater 1842: Early 60s quiz show buzzer

Please don't bother to suggest that any of the above might be incorrect. How could *I* possibly be wrong?

Reply to
Richard Heathfield

1839: Tool for collecting "minnows" (fishing bait)?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I'll suggest three factors that likely contribute: 1) innate ability, 2) extensive training, 3) *diligent* practice.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

1842: An old sensor to indicate when a door is ajar, with an on/off switch (for a burglar alarm)?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

#1837 an ancestor of the modern ball-point pen?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

More likely a transmitter for a guitar. If it was used at the amplifier it would be powered from a wall wart instead of batteries and have no need for a switch. From the style, it is probably on the FM broadcast band. The design looks mid '60s.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Explain the reason for the 1/4" phone plug.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I don't think I've ever received any specific training on being wrong, but the other two certainly apply.

Reply to
Richard Heathfield

Hmmm..it's that's what that is, I'm at a loss. Frustrating! : )

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I will try

1837 compensating weight for pedulum clock. When the iron support rods warmed up the mercury in the container would compensate. 1938 Do not know, but I want one. 1839 For collecting money, be it in a church or toll booth. 1840 Float or file for horse' teeth 1841 newer style of float 1842 Not a clue
Reply to
The Tagge's

This is correct.

Several people have guessed that 1840 is for the same purpose but it's not, though they look somewhat similar.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

I think you're right - it certainly has the parts in the right places ;-)

John \

Reply to
news

It was for momma bear -- 1/2" was too big, and 5/32" was too small.

*GRIN*
Reply to
Robert Bonomi

*unlikely* to be a bedwarmer.

"Coal (or wood) fired" bedwarmers almost have a solid bottom, _and_ a vented cover on the top.

The -last- thing you want is the embers getting out of the warmer and setting the bed on fire!

Reply to
Robert Bonomi