What is it? Set 321

Page 1 of 3
Another set has been posted on the web site:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

1837. weight for clock pendulum

1841: "Float," for removing sharp wear points from horses' teeth by filing: adjustable for doing upper and lower jaws.

This is correct.
Several people have guessed that 1840 is for the same purpose but it's not, though they look somewhat similar.
Rob
Rob H. wrote:

1840: For ruffing up a tire or tube before patching

Nope, that's not it.

1842- hmmm, audio bannana plug, metal box, switch, wire....
I want to say the wire is an antenna, but that only makes sense if the box is a radio designed to feed audio to something, No tuner or volume knob visible...
I'm going to go with it's a receiver for a wireless microphone, designed to jack into an input on a PA amplifier.
Dave
Dave__67 wrote:

More likely a transmitter for a guitar. If it was used at the amplifier it would be powered from a wall wart instead of batteries and have no need for a switch. From the style, it is probably on the FM broadcast band. The design looks mid '60s.
--
Greed is the root of all eBay.

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 16:52:14 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

I think you're right - it certainly has the parts in the right places ;-)
John \
I think both 1840 and 1841 are used for filing down horse's teeth. I believe that 1840 is a "float" and 1841 is a "rasp."
1842 looks like a wireless transmitter for electric guitars. Lets you transmit the guitar sounds through a radio for practicing.
Northe
| Another set has been posted on the web site: | | http://55tools.blogspot.com /
1839 is a bedwarmer, I think...
pavane

*unlikely* to be a bedwarmer.
"Coal (or wood) fired" bedwarmers almost have a solid bottom, _and_ a vented cover on the top.
The -last- thing you want is the embers getting out of the warmer and setting the bed on fire!
Rob H. wrote:

1837: Thunderbird 3 concept model 1838: Battle-comb, the last Viking word in aggressive hairdressing 1839: Colander for people who can't stand the smell of boiled cabbage 1840: Golf club for the vertically challenged 1841: Adjustable cheese grater 1842: Early 60s quiz show buzzer
Please don't bother to suggest that any of the above might be incorrect. How could *I* possibly be wrong?
--
Richard Heathfield <http://www.cpax.org.uk
Email: -http://www. +rjh@

I'll suggest three factors that likely contribute: 1) innate ability, 2) extensive training, 3) *diligent* practice.
Robert Bonomi wrote:

wrong, but the other two certainly apply.
--
Richard Heathfield <http://www.cpax.org.uk
Email: -http://www. +rjh@
Rob H. wrote:

1839: Tool for collecting "minnows" (fishing bait)?
Bill
Bill wrote:

1842: An old sensor to indicate when a door is ajar, with an on/off switch (for a burglar alarm)?
Bill
Bill wrote:

Explain the reason for the 1/4" phone plug.
--
Greed is the root of all eBay.

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Hmmm..it's that's what that is, I'm at a loss. Frustrating! : )
Bill

It was for momma bear -- 1/2" was too big, and 5/32" was too small.
*GRIN*